News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

The real Scottish mermaid. Kate MacLeod

Started by Tank, March 11, 2021, 08:52:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

They interviewed this lady this morning on the BBC. Quite amazing.

Wild Swimming In Winter? Challenge Accepted!

It's fascinating how the human body can be adapt to low temperatures that would normally kill one.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sandra Craft

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Randy

Tank I went to the site and couldn't find the video. Am I supposed to do a search for it?
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Tank

Quote from: Randy on March 11, 2021, 06:59:31 PM
Tank I went to the site and couldn't find the video. Am I supposed to do a search for it?

Just click on the main picture on the link. That should work :)
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Randy

Quote from: Tank on March 11, 2021, 07:43:44 PM

No such luck I'm afraid. I even tried signing up to the BBC to see if that made a difference. Yet the text states that the video is two minutes long. I know it has to be there.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Tank

Quote from: Randy on March 12, 2021, 12:22:12 AM
Quote from: Tank on March 11, 2021, 07:43:44 PM

No such luck I'm afraid. I even tried signing up to the BBC to see if that made a difference. Yet the text states that the video is two minutes long. I know it has to be there.

How odd. Just try searching for Kate Macloud then?

Recusant

There's a singer of the same name. The link in the OP goes to BBC Scotland, and the video is geoblocked. There's a video on YouTube put out by MacLeod herself, and a regular BBC photo page. She says the tail makes it harder to swim, so it's for looks entirely.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Ecurb Noselrub

The video of the double amputee was inspiring.