2020 the year of the virus, 2021 the year of the vaccine!

Started by Tank, December 31, 2020, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

2020 was the year of the virus, 2021 will be the year of the vaccine.

What we have seen over the last 11 months is what unfettered and properly funded science can do. Thank you to all the scientist, lab techs and test volunteers who have made these vaccines possible.

Thank you to all the doctors, nurses, carers and teachers who have risked their lives and the lives of their families keeping us well and safe.

Condolences to all those who have lost relatives and friends.

Fuck the anti-vaxers, science deniers and those who won't wear a mask when they could.

Happy New Year  :grouphug:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dark Lightning

It's still December in my neighborhood, but Happy New Year to you and the rest of the denizens here, anyway!  ;D

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

billy rubin

set the function, not the mechanism.

Icarus

Quote from: Tank on December 31, 2020, 03:25:33 PM

What we have seen over the last 11 months is what unfettered and properly funded science can do. Thank you to all the scientist, lab techs and test volunteers who have made these vaccines possible.

Thank you to all the doctors, nurses, carers and teachers who have risked their lives and the lives of their families keeping us well and safe.

Fuck the anti-vaxers, science deniers and those who won't wear a mask when they could.

I applaud Tanks well taken sentiments.

Here is to a Happy New Year to all of my HAF friends.   :cheersfortwo:

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Randy

Quote from: Tank on December 31, 2020, 03:25:33 PM

It is difficult for me to fathom how anyone can refuse to wear masks when they see those that don't die.

In any case, Happy New Year!
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

billy rubin

juzt spoke to an antivaxxer

water guy on a well pad

doesnt trust the vaccine

thinks it was rushed

well pads are fill of people without masks. verynoisy

everybody leanz into you real close and shouts

Randy

Quote from: billy rubin on January 01, 2021, 09:22:38 PM
juzt spoke to an antivaxxer

water guy on a well pad

doesnt trust the vaccine

thinks it was rushed

well pads are fill of people without masks. verynoisy

everybody leanz into you real close and shouts
I call those people future casualties of the virus. Some new strain of the virus has shown up. I don't know if the vaccine will be effective against it though. I hope so. As soon as I'm eligible to get the vaccination I'm rolling up my sleeve.
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Icarus

Billy: Stay away from those ignorant bastards if you can.  In the long run, Darwin principle may eliminate some of them. 

billy rubin

i cant stay away. its the dominant culture

but im way past being diffident about what i believe in teh company of dissidents

i don't put up with Qanon or conspiracy crap

i tell them to cough up some evidence or hang out with bigfoot and moth man

Randy

Quote from: billy rubin on January 03, 2021, 01:31:48 AM
i cant stay away. its the dominant culture

but im way past being diffident about what i believe in teh company of dissidents

i don't put up with Qanon or conspiracy crap

i tell them to cough up some evidence or hang out with bigfoot and moth man
Wait a minute.. do you know Bigfoot? I'd love to have his or her autograph. It would look great hanging over my tin foil hat display.

billy rubin

i work with people who keep an eye out for bigfoot when we drive through the woods

Tank

To give two shots to 30 million people in the UK will take just over a year!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.