News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Dating / Relationship advice

Started by Curt, December 07, 2020, 10:14:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curt

A little background first. Went on 4 dates with a really beautiful woman. Smart woman who has a great career as well. 3rd date she invited me over to her place and she wanted me to bring sushi over. (Not a big fan of sushi myself but that what she wanted me to bring). We both ate the sushi and talked for a bit which then led to sex multiple times that evening. Great sex it was a wild and fun night. I guess Sushi is really an aphrodisiac after all! lol. For the 4th date we went out had a great dinner and conversation at a nice restaurant. Everything seemed to go well.

Well today I get a text from her that says the following. Not so sure how to say this so delicatlely, so I will just say it. Not sure we should see each other more. There is nothing wrong. I just don't think I am feeling the spark or developing any emotional interest. Wouldn't want to lead you on, as you seem like a genuine guy who has good intentions. End of text.

Text caught me off guard and didn't expect it. Thought we were getting along great. Although thinking back at the end of the 4th date she did not invite me back to her place which was just a couple blocks away. Didn't think much of it at the time. It was a weekday and I knew she had a early day at work the next day.  So how should I respond? She is an amazing woman and I would like to get her to give me another chance and keep seeing her. Don't want to sound desperate when I text her back. Any suggestions how I should respond? Thanks

Tank

1) Don't respond. Chalk it up to experience. Move on.
2) Respond, It was fun while it lasted. Chalk it up to experience. Move on.
3) Respond, It was fun while it lasted. Ask for any particular reason that it ended. If no response chalk it up to experience. Move on.
4) Respond, with a big bunch of flowers, and say It was fun while it lasted. Chalk it up to experience. Move on.
5) Respond, with a big bunch of flowers, and say It was fun while it lasted. Ask for any particular reason that it ended. If no response chalk it up to experience. Move on.
6) Respond like a crying baby to be allowed to remain in her friend zone. Work from there.  ;D

I think 4 is the most mature.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

I've had almost zero experience in the straight world, but I've been around the block (read waterfront, a la Tennessee Williams) a few times. To me, Tank's option 2 sounds the best.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

respond with flowers, tell her you enjoyed the relationzhip, wish her well,  move on, check back after a long enough time that a reset might be possible.

dont be pushy. she soundz like she knows what shez looking for

set the function, not the mechanism.

Magdalena

Well, she's honest. She told you how she feels. "She's not feeling the spark or developing any emotional interest"...But...
You think,  "She is an amazing woman and you would like to get her to give you another chance and keep seeing her."

You should tell her how YOU feel as well. Maybe she needs to hear it. If how you feel is irrelevant to her, than there's not much you can do --But you'll be able to move on, in peace.
:shrug:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on December 07, 2020, 01:55:58 PM
Well, she's honest. She told you how she feels. "She's not feeling the spark or developing any emotional interest"...But...
You think,  "She is an amazing woman and you would like to get her to give you another chance and keep seeing her."

You should tell her how YOU feel as well. Maybe she needs to hear it. If how you feel is irrelevant to her, than there's not much you can do --But you'll be able to move on, in peace.

:this:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Mags makes a good point. If you don't tell her how you feel how will anything happen one way or the other.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

No one

Tank

Quote from: No one on December 07, 2020, 03:34:30 PM
Have you tried tacos?

I didn't get the impression that she was a 'taco' kind of lady.

Davin

Mags has the answer.

You have to be willing to accept that she doesn't want to see you anymore.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Curt

I replied "I must say I am very surprised by your text.  I had a great time with you and would love to see you more, but I respect your space and feelings. Take care.

She basically texted me back saying she "I didnt do anything wrong she just felt we were running out of things to talk about and that isn't blaming me and its just as much her fault as mine."

Guess I didnt keep the spark alive and wasan't interesting enough going forward.  I thought we had good conversation our last date but guess we didnt.  Oh well it is to bad I liked her.

Curt

Quote from: No one on December 07, 2020, 03:34:30 PM
Have you tried tacos?

Why would I want to switch to tacos the Sushi evening ended quite well indeed! 

Magdalena

Quote from: Curt on December 07, 2020, 06:10:41 PM
Oh well it is to bad I liked her.
Did you tell her this?

How is she going to "feel the spark or develop  any emotional interest" if she doesn't hear you say it?
:fingertap:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: Tank on December 07, 2020, 10:24:49 AM
6) Respond like a crying baby to be allowed to remain in her friend zone. Work from there.  ;D

:grin: