News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Media and the new Coronavirus

Started by xSilverPhinx, April 13, 2020, 02:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

Is there any way we could ship those dumb bastards off to Singapore?  Let 'em try that shit there and see whether their guns, MAGA hats, and confederate flags save their asses. 

News today shows that the beaches around Jacksonville Florida are teeming with people in close contact with one another.  Bruno is spot on.  The U.S. is sadly overpopulated with really stupid people

Tank

I feel  so sorry for the millions upon millions of educated smart Americans. It must be like living in a nightmare. :(
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

i have to confess to an unsocial willingnezz to allow natural selection to take its course.

but the problem is that those people will infect more than each other.

News has been received from the Punjab that the Amritsar mob has again broken out in a violent attack against the authorities. The rebels were repulsed by the military and they suffered 200 casualties.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: billy rubin on April 19, 2020, 10:28:33 PM
i have to confess to an unsocial willingnezz to allow natural selection to take its course.

but the problem is that those people will infect more than each other.

If only they could catch it and not pass it on, agreed. I guess stupid is equal opportunity.

Recusant

Quote from: billy rubin on April 19, 2020, 08:06:07 PM
the gun aspect is interesting. the connection between any government interference in one's life and a threat to disarm society is reflexive with a lot of americans. i know people who regard the second amendment right to bear arms as the major issue in their political awareness. any perceived infringement on any personal freedom by the government is immediatelt translated into the gun-grab controversy, and th eguns come out to be displayed as symbols of whats important in america. like with these three guys.

the direct connection between protsting quarantines and dispolaying firearms is obscure to me, but apparently not to everybody.

I guess you haven't spent much time listening to the sort of fellow who'd get strapped and meet up with his comrades to stand around at a public gathering embodying a caricature.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

billy rubin

i think i run in different circles mostly

i dont mind keeping it that way

News has been received from the Punjab that the Amritsar mob has again broken out in a violent attack against the authorities. The rebels were repulsed by the military and they suffered 200 casualties.

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on April 19, 2020, 10:19:28 PM
I feel  so sorry for the millions upon millions of educated smart Americans. It must be like living in a nightmare. :(
Spoken like a true middle-class-or-above urban elitist. You don't need formal education to be smart. You don't need high IQ to be wise. You don't need any of that to be successful in your own way or to be a net contributor to your society.

But nah, them poor surgeons and lawyers and feminist dance majors, who have to deal with those filthy, unwashed masses! It must be hell indeed!
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Biggus Dickus

Today in Colorado there were more protests against coronavirus lockdowns and social distancing measures by Trump supporters who think this is all a hoax.

Healthcare Workers counter-Protested, and blocked intersections.

The Lady in the truck is yelling out the following at the healthcare worker blocking her truck.

This is Land of the free!

Go to China if you want communism!

We want to open up and go to work!

You go to work, why can't I go to work!

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Old Seer

Quote from: Asmodean on April 20, 2020, 12:31:44 AM
Quote from: Tank on April 19, 2020, 10:19:28 PM
Spoken like a true middle-class-or-above urban elitist. You don't need formal education to be smart. You don't need high IQ to be wise. You don't need any of that to be successful in your own way or to be a net contributor to your society.

But nah, them poor surgeons and lawyers and feminist dance majors, who have to deal with those filthy, unwashed masses! It must be hell indeed!
From what I make of it, they're saying the State governments have gone to far. They say the State is imposing things that aren't sensible. IE- You can take your canoe out onto the lake but not a boat with a motor, that sort of thing.
The only thing possible the world needs saving from are the ones running it.
Oh lord, save us from those wanting to save us.
I'm not a Theist.

Biggus Dickus

How Trump and his supporters see things. (By that I mean white people)

This is spot on with one aspect of what is wrong with this country.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

billy rubin

we ll zee what tbe consequencez are, and whether any of it zticks to trump.

im beyond understanding tge people of my country.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on April 22, 2020, 08:54:37 PM

How Trump and his supporters see things. (By that I mean white people)

This is spot on with one aspect of what is wrong with this country.

Not all white people of course. I find that having to take a knee as a protest shouldn't necessary, but totally understand it, and approve. The chump should just keep his lie-hole shut 'til he blows a gasket. :smilenod:

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dark Lightning

;D It sort of came out at another site where we were discussing the chump and his pie-hole. Naturally, lie rhymes. My wife tells me that we should respect him because he's President. It is to laugh.

Asmodean

Quote from: Dark Lightning on April 22, 2020, 10:54:43 PM
Not all white people of course. I find that having to take a knee as a protest shouldn't necessary, but totally understand it, and approve. The chump should just keep his lie-hole shut 'til he blows a gasket. :smilenod:
Actually, I believe that according to the church of Our Lady of Perpetual Victimization, them huhwites are a monolith.

If they were not, than this huhwite person would say that if someone wants to kneel before a national symbol, then why the hell not? It's a bit too submissive a gesture for my liking, but then I'm not him, so it's also none of my business.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.