News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

1,000 posts for...

Started by Tank, April 08, 2020, 01:16:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Billy Rubin

Congratulations on making your millennial post. Looking forward to many more.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

i did that?

i talk too much, i think, and don't listen enough

set the function, not the mechanism.

xSilverPhinx

Congrats, billy rubin!

It's quarantine party time! :party:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

billy rubin

i still have two pints of guiness left after breakfast to celebrate with

Dark Lightning

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

billy rubin

Magdalena

Wow! 1K!
Congratulations, billy rubin!

(When one drinks wine too early in the morning or two pints of Guinness, but who cares, it's a celebration.)

I'm glad you came here and decided to stay.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

billy rubin

thanks, mags

i have considered beer for breakfast a staple since i was introduced to it many years ago in nicaragua. a very small bar on the bluffs overlloking the long, long wooden dock in puerto cabezas. no glass or even screens in the wondows, and an old wurlitzer juke box on the wall.

i went there religiouly every morning alog with other members of the ships crew waitingfor the ship that took days and days to get there from texas. went through a lot of beer before it finally showed up to take us to cartagena

but they didn't have guiness!

billy rubin

you know what, though?

this is a pretty decent group of people.

i've got nothing serious to prove, and nothing serious to defend. i've moved beyond where i need to be acknowledged to be right, or else.

i've rubbed some people the wrong way here and there, and vice versa, but all things turn , with time.

so it seems like a good place to be

hermes2015

Quote from: billy rubin on April 08, 2020, 10:09:08 PM
you know what, though?

i've got nothing serious to prove, and nothing serious to defend. i've moved beyond where i need to be acknowledged to be right, or else.

i've rubbed some people the wrong way here and there, and vice versa, but all things turn , with time.

I feel exactly the same! Keep the posts coming.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

Quote from: billy rubin on April 08, 2020, 10:09:08 PM
you know what, though?

I'll drink to that
Cheers.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant