News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

My New Atheist Group!

Started by Kylyssa, July 02, 2008, 09:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kylyssa

Disclaimer: If you send an email or pm or write a comment on my blog requesting more information you will receive two to four emails from Harbork.  

I've posted about the new website I've joined, Harbork, here and asked if anyone wants an invite.  

In any case, I've created an atheist group on Harbork called Atheist Friends of Free Thought for members to post their articles, post links to sites, to create discussions and whatever else they might enjoy.  At the moment, I'm keeping membership by invite only as I've already gotten several requests to join from Christians desiring to post assorted Christian material and Atheism negative material to the group.  If you'd like an invite, message me with your email address.  I'm giving all members who I know from Happy Atheist administrative posting power.

It's my hope to have a rich and lively Atheist group on Harbork by the time the site goes public.  With your help uploading content I think that can easily be achieved.  As I see Harbork as a fledgling Internet startup with great potential I'd like to see plenty of atheist positive content go up there.

And there's already a Christian group started by a member who asked to join Atheist Friends of Free Thought.

Disclaimer: If you send an email or pm or write a comment on my blog requesting more information you will receive two to four emails from Harbork.  

curiosityandthecat

[strike:wxkexlul]I'd love one. Waiting on my email as we speak[/strike:wxkexlul].*

*What is the appropriate phrase? As we speak? As I type? As you read? This has always bothered the hell out of me.  :D
-Curio

Kylyssa

At the moment I can't seem to log on to Harbork.  I assume it's because they are updating the site.  As soon as I can get on Harbork, I'll accept your request.

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "Kylyssa"At the moment I can't seem to log on to Harbork.  I assume it's because they are updating the site.

Same here. Figures. Right when I create an account and want to go all Harbork-crazy, the damn thing is down.   :upset:
-Curio

Kylyssa

OK, if you are not interested in joining, how about you recommend your favorite atheist, free thinking, or evolution websites so I can add them to our list of links?  Of course, if you were to join Atheist Friends of Free Thought, you could pimp your links yourself. ;)

curiosityandthecat

*bump*  :D

Fun site. I'm glad I joined.
-Curio

Whitney

Kylissa,

I don't have the time right now to effectively contribute to another website.  So, I'm going to wait to join (unless you want me to join anyway and will just expect me to me mostly inactive).

Would you like for me to move this thread to the meetups and activism area?  It could go under either United States or International.

Kylyssa

Quote from: "laetusatheos"Kylissa,

I don't have the time right now to effectively contribute to another website.  So, I'm going to wait to join (unless you want me to join anyway and will just expect me to me mostly inactive).

Would you like for me to move this thread to the meetups and activism area?  It could go under either United States or International.

It would be brilliant if you could move this to meetups and activism, International!  

Regarding joining up - it's going to be pretty inactive for a while in any case as Harbork hasn't even gone public yet.  Right now, I'm just trying to post quality links along with a few articles I've written.  Of course I've already posted a link to Happy Atheist Forum.  :D

Mister Joy

Woo! Yeah, I'll join. Is this for anything you want to put up or does it have to be discussion based etc?

Kylyssa

It's for anything you want to put up.  And please put things up!

Kylyssa

I just thought I should mention that something happened to Harbork (dang it, I was so gung-ho!) and it looks like the group is gone.  I can't re-register either so I've given up on them.