News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

sonofabitch no florida

Started by leftyguitarjoe, July 02, 2008, 08:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leftyguitarjoe

well, due to some utter BULLLSHIT, the plans for Florida have been canceled. :brick:  :upset:  :upset:  :upset:  :upset:  :upset:

Will

Come on over to California. It's like Florida with less old people.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

susangail

Quote from: "Willravel"Come on over to California. It's like Florida with less old people.
I second this! (though I've never been to Florida...)
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and let the world wonder how you did it.

EvolutionCalling

We don't need anymore of you heathens down here anyway!   :P

myleviathan

Quote from: "leftyguitarjoe"well, due to some utter BULLLSHIT, the plans for Florida have been canceled.

What part of Florida were you headed to?
"On the moon our weekends are so far advanced they encompass the entire week. Jobs have been phased out. We get checks from the government, and we spend it on beer! Mexican beer! That's the cheapest of all beers." --- Ignignokt & Err

leftyguitarjoe

Quote from: "myleviathan"
Quote from: "leftyguitarjoe"well, due to some utter BULLLSHIT, the plans for Florida have been canceled.

What part of Florida were you headed to?

orlando

We ended up going to the beach instead. it is where I am posting this from

myleviathan

Orlando's not bad. Not my favorite place in Florida, though. The greatest thing about Florida in my opinion is the vast network of crystal clear aquafer-fed springs (some of which can be found around Orlando). They've created some extremely interesting and diverse environments from Bat-filled caves to orchid-lined sink holes. Back in the 70's, a fully preserved 10,000 year old native American man was found in Florida's southern-most spring. The oxygen and mineral content in the water was the preserving agent.

Florida is also an awesome place to find fossils from early mammals. The Peace River is a great place to find fossils from animals like mastadons, saber tooth tigers, giant sloths, and megalodon teeth (giant shark). It's a very dark, slow moving, mysterious sort of river. At the University of Florida they have a complete mastadon skeleton that was found when a giant tusk was discovered just sticking out of one of the banks of the Peace River.

The history of Florida is also very interesting, since Saint Augustine was the first European settlement in the Western Hemisphere (unless you count the Vikings). There's a really awesome stone fortress there called Castillo de San Marco. Very creepy sort of place on the inside, with mysterious scrawlings on the walls from hundreds of years ago. Both black and native American slaves were kept to farm there during the Spanish years. Unfortunately all the native peoples of Florida (the Calusa) were killed by disease or taken as slaves.

Either way, there's a lot more to Florida than Bike week and theme parks.
"On the moon our weekends are so far advanced they encompass the entire week. Jobs have been phased out. We get checks from the government, and we spend it on beer! Mexican beer! That's the cheapest of all beers." --- Ignignokt & Err

EvolutionCalling

yes.  we also have gay day at disney.

afreethinker30

Quote from: "EvolutionCalling"yes.  we also have gay day at disney.

I wanna go.

EvolutionCalling

afreethinker30

Quote from: "EvolutionCalling"don't we all?

But you are closer so you can...that went over my head.

EvolutionCalling

southwest airlines, $99 one way.

afreethinker30

Quote from: "EvolutionCalling"southwest airlines, $99 one way.

I'm broke have birthday presents to buy.  :(

EvolutionCalling

that could be somebody's present.  imagine their surprise!

afreethinker30

Quote from: "EvolutionCalling"that could be somebody's present.  imagine their surprise!

Haha my 8 year old would love it.