News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Holy Relics

Started by Bad Penny II, November 06, 2019, 11:36:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Penny II

We've had a bit more activity here lately but I think we could do better.
:poke:
Ouch! OK, how could we do supposedly better?

We gather and promote a collection of relics and THEY WILL COME!.

Sounds awful.

You're always so negative Green, that's why we aren't richer and more popular.
Anyway, we already have the HAF piece of the true cross.
The green tinted bit of radiata with the standards stamp and galvanised nail in it that Anne D has to hang her bottle opener on before she goes home?
Yes, our piece of the true cross.
I've been watching the market, I can get a deal on a job lot of body hair. 
Hair of Darwinian beard, Einsteinian eye brow, Dawkinsian nasal hair.
Awesome
I think we can get a feather from the dove that came back to Noah, there's a lot of those on offer.
The hooves of the donkey that carried Jesus, there's only six of those going but I think we could get one.

Anyway, discuss.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

billy rubin

not just religion

https://www.guns.com/news/2014/04/03/guns-jesse-james-mother-videos

Jesse-James-gun

Unfortunately there is the possibility that hundreds of guns owned not by Jesse, but by his mother Zerelda Samuel (she had remarried after Jesse was born), were passed on long after Jesse's death. Ever the shrewd marketer, Zerelda frequently passed on any number of revolvers, shotguns, and rifles with handwritten notes vouching them to be 'my son Jesse's gun'. Unlike her son, she lived a long a healthy life. Dying at age 86 in 1911, her obituary stated, 'considering the thrilling vicissitudes of her life, she was exceptionally well preserved and was in fairly good possession of all her faculties."

set the function, not the mechanism.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: billy rubin on November 06, 2019, 01:09:52 PM
not just religion

https://www.guns.com/news/2014/04/03/guns-jesse-james-mother-videos

Jesse-James-gun

Unfortunately there is the possibility that hundreds of guns owned not by Jesse, but by his mother Zerelda Samuel (she had remarried after Jesse was born), were passed on long after Jesse's death. Ever the shrewd marketer, Zerelda frequently passed on any number of revolvers, shotguns, and rifles with handwritten notes vouching them to be 'my son Jesse's gun'. Unlike her son, she lived a long a healthy life. Dying at age 86 in 1911, her obituary stated, 'considering the thrilling vicissitudes of her life, she was exceptionally well preserved and was in fairly good possession of all her faculties."

We don't want any of that here! Get ye back to ya gun thread!
You needn't have done that, Tank 'll be swooping in anytime now to sweep that post away into the ever grey of the unplumbed depths of derail nothingness.

Recusant

I'll be looking for a genuine Rothmans cigarette butt, certified to have been stubbed out triumphantly by Christopher Hitchens.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

I will not be cleaning up derails here.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Recusant on November 06, 2019, 01:49:34 PM
I'll be looking for a genuine Rothmans cigarette butt, certified to have been stubbed out triumphantly by Christopher Hitchens.

We just got twenty of those forever interred at the bottom of an empty Mr Walker's amber restorative.

billy rubin

xSilverPhinx

:tellmemore: I want a jar of preserved Darwin's breath.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Newton's Apple would do me.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

Something that Taylor Lautner has worn will do nicely, thank you.

;)
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

xSilverPhinx

billy rubin

xSilverPhinx

Bad Penny II

Hey isn't that the thing I saw you with at the little kids birthday, about the time all their balloons almost spontaneously burst, causing many tears?
Erm, possibly.
What's that thing sticking out the end?
That is a Toe Nail of The Asmo, a most potent holy relic.
It is a bit whiffy, so you stuck it on a pencil.
Not any pencil, the Asmo wrote the eighty seventh of his holy tomes with it.
And you used it to burst the balloons of a bunch of four year olds?
The Asmo would have wanted it so, children should learn loss and despair early.