News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Halloween 2019

Started by xSilverPhinx, October 08, 2019, 02:26:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

It's a bit early, I know, but what costumes are y'all wearing this year? :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

hermes2015

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 08, 2019, 02:26:07 AM
It's a bit early, I know, but what costumes are y'all wearing this year? :grin:

I don't need one. Scary enough in my unadorned state.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

No one

Mike Litorus. Maybe Hugh Jass.

Red_Cloud

Last year on Halloween night police arrested two kids. One was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off.  :shocked:

Davin

I haven't been able to decide yet. But I did dress my house up.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Red_Cloud on October 08, 2019, 12:40:07 PM
Last year on Halloween night police arrested two kids. One was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off.  :shocked:

:picard facepalm:

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Davin on October 08, 2019, 03:16:41 PM
I haven't been able to decide yet. But I did dress my house up.

:tellmemore: Is that a prop in the window?

Davin

In the small kitchen window, there is a light, and in the big window there are some blood splatters.

We also put up spider webs the next day, but I didn't take a picture of it.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Sandra Craft

I don't dress up, like Hermes I feel it would be redundant.  I've also never dressed up a cat since I've never met one who'd put up with such a thing and really don't know how the people who post pics on FB manage it.  I used to dress up my home, but then a year or so ago I found all my decorations were attacked by rot (I guess even ornamental gourds and corn only live so long) and I haven't replaced them.

I think this year I'll go minimalist and just carve a jack o'lantern for the window.  Then I can also have toasted pumpkin seeds and try to make pie from the gourd once it's finished in the window.

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Bluenose

Quote from: Sandra Craft on October 08, 2019, 08:37:59 PM
I don't dress up, like Hermes I feel it would be redundant.  I've also never dressed up a cat since I've never met one who'd put up with such a thing and really don't know how the people who post pics on FB manage it.  I used to dress up my home, but then a year or so ago I found all my decorations were attacked by rot (I guess even ornamental gourds and corn only live so long) and I haven't replaced them.

I think this year I'll go minimalist and just carve a jack o'lantern for the window.  Then I can also have toasted pumpkin seeds and try to make pie from the gourd once it's finished in the window.

After I saw that picture and before I read your post I was sure you were going to say something like "I used to celebrate Halloween, but nevermore"
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Anne D.

Very festive, Davin.

I'm just looking forward to handing out candy to the little kids and the surly teens. That's my favorite part of Halloween. That and the scary movies.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Bluenose on October 09, 2019, 02:37:54 AM

After I saw that picture and before I read your post I was sure you were going to say something like "I used to celebrate Halloween, but nevermore"

:rofl:  Too clever by half.

I have a follow-up Halloween question: does anybody hand out candy to trick-or-treaters? 
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Bluenose on October 09, 2019, 02:37:54 AM
Quote from: Sandra Craft on October 08, 2019, 08:37:59 PM

I got that reference!  ;D

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Sandra Craft on October 10, 2019, 01:35:51 AM
I have a follow-up Halloween question: does anybody hand out candy to trick-or-treaters?

Halloween isn't a big thing in Brazil yet, but it's growing. A few years ago some trick-or-treaters knocked on our door asking for candy but we didn't expect to have any kids come knocking and were unprepared. Poor kids, they were very disappointed and we felt bad we didn't have candy to give.

*Edited to add missing words. Argh.