News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

The Food Ideas Thread

Started by jumbojak, May 19, 2019, 08:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbojak

Not what are you eating, what sounds good to eat. Let's bounce ideas off of each other. Right now I'm dreaming of a bacon cheeseburger topped with fried pickles, crispy onion straws, and barbecue sauce.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Chocolate always sounds good, except on the day after Easter.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

Hmmm... a chocolate cheeseburger...

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

No one

Lobster, topped with lobster and a side of lobster.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on May 19, 2019, 09:19:49 PM

:lol: Don't ruin two good things!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

Quote from: No one on May 19, 2019, 09:32:53 PM

You know, I have never had lobster in my life. Might have to try it one of these days.

jumbojak

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 19, 2019, 09:34:48 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on May 19, 2019, 09:19:49 PM

:lol: Don't ruin two good things!

Give me some time to think about it and I guarantee I can make it work. It would have to be a very dark unsweetened chocolate and a lean burger.

No one

If you've never tried lobster, you're missing out. It's the best tasting thing on the planet.

jumbojak

Is it the lobster or the butter you drown it in though?

No one

I never use the butter. Lobster needs nothing.

Buddy

Quote from: jumbojak on May 19, 2019, 09:49:58 PM
Quote from: No one on May 19, 2019, 09:32:53 PM

You know, I have never had lobster in my life. Might have to try it one of these days.

The local Chinese place near me makes the most bomb lobster lo mein
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

hermes2015

Quote from: No one on May 19, 2019, 10:52:07 PM
I never use the butter. Lobster needs nothing.

I agree. The traditional lobster thermidor is an example of an over-dressed dish, in my opinion. The taste of the lobster is overwhelmed by the sauce.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Icarus

Lobsters are ugly beasties that are less than appetizing to look at.  Crabs are not very pretty either.

No One must be a damned yankee New Englander to praise the taste of those ugly armored and weaponized creatures. 

Bad Penny II

When I bake a chicken I put garlic (and maybe ginger) on it and under the skin.  Then put some lemon juice and then soy.  Disposing of the leftover liquids is a bit of an issue but if you refrigerate it the jelly/aspic becomes a useful ingredient for soup.  It'll have a chickeny/garlic/ginger/lemon/salty soy flavour.
If I cook dry cups of black + red kidney+ black eyed beans add 1TS of curry 3TS of mustard, the residual water can be used as a vegie stock.
If you start sautéing onions, carrot, capsicum, silver-beet or whatever and end up adding the aspic and vegie stock (and some of the beans) you end up with a pretty tasty soup.

I did try boiling the chicken bones to get a stock but I don't think I'll bother with that any more.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Tom62

My favourite scramble eggs recipe (serves 2):

100g North Sea shrimps
4 eggs
Aleppo pepper (approx. half teaspoon)

Beat the eggs with the Aleppo (or similar medium spiced) pepper in a bowl until blended. Fry the shimps for a few minutes in a pan (medium heat).
Add the egg mixture to it and continue  cooking – pulling, lifting and folding eggs – until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly.

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein