News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Objects of Desire

Started by hermes2015, April 04, 2018, 07:43:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom62

I recently saw this car in the Friedrichshafen Zeppelin museum and fell in love with it

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Dave

Quote from: Bluenose on April 08, 2018, 07:21:28 AM
Want, want, want...

But,

Can't afford...  :( :( :(

Hawker Sea Fury, the fastest production single piston-engined aircraft ever built.

Simply a thing of beauty.  Listen to the roar of the mighty Bristol Centaurus engine - gotta love the sound of round...

I was walking through Gloucester on Thursday when I heard a very distinctive sound. Looking up I saw a Hawker Hurricane way up. Looking round I could see others of a similar vintage to me, men and women, also looking up. There was the sound of another Merlin engine but, in our concrete canyon, I could not see what was probably a Spitfire.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

hermes2015

Quote from: Tom62 on April 08, 2018, 08:35:04 AM
I recently saw this car in the Friedrichshafen Zeppelin museum and fell in love with it

That is so elegant. I can't imagine driving it wearing my usual clothes, though.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tom62 on April 08, 2018, 08:35:04 AM

Oh...no. :grin: You would probably have to haul an entire gas station behind you in order to drive that. Just in case you get an empty tank after a few kms...
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Rift Zone

Quote from: hermes2015 on April 04, 2018, 04:27:01 PM
I want to live here (Frank Lloyd Wright's 1935 Fallingwater house).

Heard that!    That place is beautiful.   :love:

This thing stands as my greatest desire:

-Aeroyacht 121
In the last few millennia we have made the most astonishing and unexpected discoveries about the Cosmos and our place within it, explorations that are exhilarating to consider. They remind us that humans have evolved to wonder, that understanding is a joy, that knowledge is prerequisite to survival.   -Carl Sagan

xSilverPhinx

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 08, 2018, 02:29:30 PM
Quote from: Rift Zone on April 08, 2018, 02:21:00 PM

-Aeroyacht 121

:tellmemore:

You gonna sail into the sunset or the sunrise, Silver?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

xSilverPhinx

I would very much like to have a pet dog again, most likely another German Shepherd.  However, I don't have an adequate house or time to look after it. :sad sigh:

So...

I would like to have a house but I don't feel I'm going to settle down here in this city. I definitely don't intend to stay here for the rest of my life.

So probably no dog. :(

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on April 08, 2018, 02:34:42 PM

-Aeroyacht 121

I would go anywhere but down, hopefully!

:notsure: Are you talking about the Cape of Good Hope?

Rift Zone

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 08, 2018, 02:39:15 PM
Quote from: Dave on April 08, 2018, 02:34:42 PM

-Aeroyacht 121

I would go anywhere but down, hopefully!

:notsure: Are you talking about the Cape of Good Hope?

You and I both!!!
Quote from: Rift Zone on February 03, 2018, 04:23:37 AM
When I'm not geek'n out on something I like to spend time in the outdoors, hiking, biking, kayaking, whatever.   Some of those trips have been thousands of miles long.   I'm a fairly well accomplished adventure trekker, I'm proud to say. 
Intimately mingling with mother nature is nothing new to me; I'm just looking at upgrading my gear.
In the last few millennia we have made the most astonishing and unexpected discoveries about the Cosmos and our place within it, explorations that are exhilarating to consider. They remind us that humans have evolved to wonder, that understanding is a joy, that knowledge is prerequisite to survival.   -Carl Sagan

Dave

Quote:notsure: Are you talking about the Cape of Good Hope?

Thinking of Cape Horn actually. You need to head West to sail into the sunset and you are on the wrong side?

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Rift Zone on February 03, 2018, 04:23:37 AM
When I'm not geek'n out on something I like to spend time in the outdoors, hiking, biking, kayaking, whatever.   Some of those trips have been thousands of miles long.   I'm a fairly well accomplished adventure trekker, I'm proud to say. 
Intimately mingling with mother nature is nothing new to me; I'm just looking at upgrading my gear.

I used to spend a lot more time outdoors. When I was growing up we would camp a lot, which was always a lot of fun. It ended when I moved to the city, though...

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on April 08, 2018, 02:50:02 PM
Quote:notsure: Are you talking about the Cape of Good Hope?

Thinking of Cape Horn actually. You need to head West to sail into the sunset and you are on the wrong side?

Ah, ok. I had misunderstood what you had written.

jumbojak

I'm far too frightened of being eaten to go sailing on a boat that small. Nowhere for the lifeboats to be stowed away.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on April 08, 2018, 02:54:20 PM
I'm far too frightened of being eaten to go sailing on a boat that small. Nowhere for the lifeboats to be stowed away.

Where's your sense of adventure? :P

(As long as it isn't me at the helm...)