News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Number game

Started by Whitney, June 23, 2008, 06:01:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitney

2, 4, 6     Can you guess what the pattern governing this ordered triplet is?  

You are allowed to provide as many sets of 3 numbers which you think fit the same pattern and I will let you know if they fit or not.  However, you are only allowed one guess.

To keep from giving away the answer to others, you may post your number sets here but PM me your answer for what is actually governing the set.   :D

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Whitney

Quote from: "Asmodean"12, 14, 28 :D

That fits the pattern.

(To clarify:  Just because it fits the pattern doesn't mean it's the correct answer)

Asmodean

Quote from: "laetusatheos"
Quote from: "Asmodean"12, 14, 28 :P
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Whitney

Well..the game is to find what controls the original numbers by listing patterns and finding out if they apply or not.

Anyway, I don't think anyone else wants to play.  So I'm just going to post the source (when i get back on the computer i saved the link to).

myleviathan

4 - 16 - 36

All perfect squares?
"On the moon our weekends are so far advanced they encompass the entire week. Jobs have been phased out. We get checks from the government, and we spend it on beer! Mexican beer! That's the cheapest of all beers." --- Ignignokt & Err

MommaSquid

Quote from: "laetusatheos"2, 4, 6 ...  

8, who do we appreciate!     :D    Silly brain.

Whitney

clicky --->  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias#Overview

For the record, I thought it was adding 2s.

Will

I used to be a math wiz until I took Calc, Trig, linear algebra and multivariable calc, etc. in college. Now I can barely add, subtract, multiply and divide. I think I broke my internal calculator.  :crazy:
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Asmodean

Quote from: "Willravel"I used to be a math wiz until I took Calc, Trig, linear algebra and multivariable calc, etc. in college. Now I can barely add, subtract, multiply and divide. I think I broke my internal calculator.  :D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.