News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

a couple quotes about atheism

Started by susangail, June 23, 2008, 12:33:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikkixsugar

might as well add one.

"We are all atheists about most of the gods society has believed in. Some of us just go one god further" --Richard Dawkins

I also like Richard Dawkin's response when confronted with Pascal's Wager: "You're telling me the only reason you're good is because of the great surveillance camera in the sky? "

hehe.
Hate to tell you, but.....

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

susangail

Quote from: "nikkixsugar""We are all atheists about most of the gods society has believed in. Some of us just go one god further" --Richard Dawkins
I love this one! I've heard it like:
"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." -Stephen Roberts

Quote from: "nikkixsugar"I also like Richard Dawkin's response when confronted with Pascal's Wager: "You're telling me the only reason you're good is because of the great surveillance camera in the sky? "
I hate it when people pull Pascal's Wager. Never heard that response, love it!
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and let the world wonder how you did it.

Asmodean

Quote from: "susangail"
Quote from: "nikkixsugar""We are all atheists about most of the gods society has believed in. Some of us just go one god further" --Richard Dawkins
I love this one! I've heard it like:
"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." -Stephen Roberts
The problem there is that they often dismiss the other gods because the one they don't dismiss tells them to. So if they understood why they dismissed the other gods, it would have sent the wrong message about why we dismiss their.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

susangail

Quote from: "Asmodean"The problem there is that they often dismiss the other gods because the one they don't dismiss tells them to. So if they understood why they dismissed the other gods, it would have sent the wrong message about why we dismiss their.
Hmm... never thought of it that way... true true.
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and let the world wonder how you did it.