News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Things that make you chuckle

Started by Dave, September 06, 2017, 06:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy

Are congratulations in order? :D That must have hurt!
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Dark Lightning

Burns like a bitch! That's gonna leave a mark. Sorry to see this. I despise getting burnt.

billy rubin

i don't mind getting burnt, within reason

i had my first third degree burns when i was a kid on my foot when i got pinned under my first motorcycle, a 1962 triumph trophy. wonderful machine.

my introduction to mortality

what i hate are cuts. every time i slice myself somewhere doing something stupid i stop to reconsider my life

but easy burns dont slow me down.

i havent broken enough bones to have a valid opinion on that

lol

but those i did break were all in motorcycle accidents

i guess theres some sort of pattern here i should learn from

set the function, not the mechanism.

Icarus

Randy

The Most Bizarre Bible Story starring King Trump.  :grin:
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Icarus

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Icarus

You have a healthy sense of humor Hermes.   I like that about you.

billy rubin

lol

we"re all just nuts, in the end

i dont care for bitters myself

set the function, not the mechanism.

hermes2015

Quote from: Icarus on July 12, 2020, 11:48:37 PM
You have a healthy sense of humor Hermes.   I like that about you.

:boaterhat:
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on July 08, 2020, 02:35:13 PM
lol

i have added a new scar

i was trying to remove a stuck bearing race from the headstock of an old motorcycle frame imworking on. tapping didnt do it so i flipped it upzide down and applied heat from a propane torch.

not wearing a shirt, itz about 35 C even without the torch

when suddenly the frame flipped and planted the hot  necktube right into my solar plexus

no blisters or fluid. the hot frame tube gave me a p erfectly dry third degree burn in the zhape of a perfect half circle twoinches across, then  cauterized the injury and turned the excesz skin to ash.

it would have been nicer if id gotten a perfect circle but im not intending to revizit the experien e to complete one.

so well see how it ends up in a week or so.  i often discover cuts and bruizes after the fact that i dindnt notice while obtaining them, but i noticed tbis right away

It is so wrong to giggle at that  :snicker1:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Randy

Icarus

^^ :puppysnicker:  So be it Captain Kirk.

jumbojak

Just a pepper. Nothing to see here...

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz