News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Hi

Started by weedoch, June 19, 2008, 09:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weedoch

Just wanted to say hello. I'm a mid thirties mum and advocate and have been happily atheist for as long as I can remember - I think it's genetic! I've had a scan of the site and have already been amused by the hall of shame postings. I look forward to some slightly less ridiculous discussions.

Asmodean

Welcome to this place of blasphemy-with-heads-held-high.  :D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

myleviathan

Quote from: "weedoch"Just wanted to say hello. I'm a mid thirties mum and advocate and have been happily atheist for as long as I can remember - I think it's genetic! I've had a scan of the site and have already been amused by the hall of shame postings. I look forward to some slightly less ridiculous discussions.

I think both theism and atheism have a strong genetic component. I haven't read of many serious studies on the topic, but I think you're right. I know my family had atheists on both sides.

Welcome to the forum.
"On the moon our weekends are so far advanced they encompass the entire week. Jobs have been phased out. We get checks from the government, and we spend it on beer! Mexican beer! That's the cheapest of all beers." --- Ignignokt & Err

Whitney

Welcome to the forum.

Quote from: "weedoch"I think it's genetic! I've had a scan of the site and have already been amused by the hall of shame postings. I look forward to some slightly less ridiculous discussions.

The Hall of Shame is a recent addition to the forum...We really don't get that many crazy theists here, the posts in there are all the ones I could find since the forum opened.

Evolved

Welcome to the forum, Weedoch.  I don't think that there is a genetic component to atheism or theism per se, but we do seem to have a natural drive to understand the world around us.  I also think that we're just extra smart. :D
"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense."
Chapman Cohen

MommaSquid

Quote from: "Evolved"Welcome to the forum, Weedoch.  I don't think that there is a genetic component to atheism or theism per se, but we do seem to have a natural drive to understand the world around us.  I also think that we're just extra smart. :D

I totally agree, Evolved!  We're extra smart and usually very logical.  

Welcome to the forum, Weedoch.  I hope you enjoy your stay.

Asmodean

Quote from: "Evolved"I also think that we're just extra smart. :banna:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

weedoch

Thanks for all the messages. I'm loving the "extra smart" idea - it fits it with my egotistical tendencies!