News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

The Change of Seasons

Started by Recusant, December 21, 2016, 11:29:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

Happy Solstice! In the Northern Hemisphere, winter is officially beginning, but the days will also be getting longer. :)  In the Southern Hemisphere, summer officially begins today (Wednesday, December 21). Cheers!

:hammock:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Arturo

Time to drop acid and pretend I'm pagan. Happy Winter Solstice!
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Sandra Craft

I lit a candle and cooked a fish in celebration of the Winter Solstice.  So far the candle has been a great success.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on December 22, 2016, 05:46:10 AM
I lit a candle and cooked a fish in celebration of the Winter Solstice.  So far the candle has been a great success.

:lol:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

A belated happy summer/winter solstice to all!  8)

Quote from: Recusant on December 21, 2016, 11:29:06 PM
:hammock:

More like  ":desert:" down here...

;)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

This should be celebrated as the begining of the REAL New Year, not all that Christo-Judeo-Roman rubbish!

:drink:
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Arturo

Quote from: Gloucester on December 22, 2016, 05:36:14 PM
This should be celebrated as the begining of the REAL New Year, not all that Christo-Judeo-Roman rubbish!

:drink:

Yeah they obviously got it wrong, and we base our calendar on it still, and it would still be wrong if we didn't have a leap year.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Harmonie

Yay for the Winter Solstice! Except that means that the days will start getting longer and that Spring is on the horizon. Yuck. How depressing.

Not like it being winter is going to make the weather all nice and chilly anyway. We have a chance of severe thunderstorms with hail and tornadoes on Christmas. Is nothing sacred anymore?

I'm scared that the cold blast we had a week ago will be the biggest one this year. We hardly got any snow at all with it. T.T I'm so sad. I know by the time that Christmas season is over, it feels like Spring is knocking on the door and the chances of cold weather and snowstorms goes right up in smoke.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Davin

Happy Soltice and Merry Christmas!

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

joeactor

Grace Jones is awesome!

Happy Planet Facing The Right Way At That Spot In The Orbit Day!

Asmodean

Quote from: joeactor on December 23, 2016, 08:44:36 PM
Happy Planet Facing The Right Way At That Spot In The Orbit Day!
That.

The Asmo spent some time doing the fake god's work, by the way. Helping the Salvation Army help the worse-off families in His area have a better Planet Facing The Right Way At That Spot In The Orbit Day.

...Needless to say, He had to wash off all that goodness and righteousness with bleach afterwards. His Divine Eyebrows are all white now.  >:(
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

joeactor

Lark

On the whole the worst winter weather seems to come in January these days.