News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Unpopular Opinion

Started by Pasta Chick, December 21, 2016, 06:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Quote from: Dave on April 02, 2018, 04:55:12 PM
Quote from: Buddy on April 02, 2018, 04:34:25 PM
Quote from: Siz on April 02, 2018, 09:20:52 AM
Here's my Unpopular Opinion toplist (in no particular order ):

Jim Hendrix was supremely talented but rarely produced musical output of good quality.
Platitudes are nice but mostly unnecessary.
Mourning death is selfish and burdens other people.
Coulottes - WTF? So utterly unflattering.
Body piercing all good except nose rings. Stop it - it's just ugly.
White is not a colour. It doesn't belong on walls in a home.
Loud motorbikes should be banned - it's offensive noise pollution.
Cats. Haughty little fuckers. Keep them away from me for their own benefit.
Cous-cous. Seriously?
The American propensity for self promotion whilst denying the existence of fallibility of any kind. It's laughable and serves only to project the opposite of the 'cool' they're trying to portray.  I laugh in your stupid face - looking at you, particularly, rap culture.

I can respect your opinions Siz. Except for cous-cous. That stuff is delicious.

Yeah! Well, with the right things added, otherwise it is as boring as any other wheat based product - boiled spaghetti is yuck without a sauce. Ah, cous-cous with spiced fish, chopped tomatoes, chopped celery leaves, peas, garlic, herbs . . . A meal in itself!

That sounds delicious. I like mine with garlic, salt and pepper with cubed avocado and salmon.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tom62

Quote from: Buddy on April 02, 2018, 05:08:34 PM

Jim Hendrix was supremely talented but rarely produced musical output of good quality.
Cous-cous. Seriously?
The American propensity for self promotion whilst denying the existence of fallibility of any kind. It's laughable and serves only to project the opposite of the 'cool' they're trying to portray.  I laugh in your stupid face - looking at you, particularly, rap culture.

Yeah! Well, with the right things added, otherwise it is as boring as any other wheat based product - boiled spaghetti is yuck without a sauce. Ah, cous-cous with spiced fish, chopped tomatoes, chopped celery leaves, peas, garlic, herbs . . . A meal in itself!

That sounds delicious. I like mine with garlic, salt and pepper with cubed avocado and salmon.

I like my couscous the royal way

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Bluenose

Quote from: Tom62 on April 04, 2018, 07:32:02 PM
Quote from: Buddy on April 02, 2018, 05:08:34 PM

Cous-cous. Seriously?

I like my couscous the royal way

I like to cook my cous cous in chicken stock mixed with Moroccan spices and then served as a side with something spicy.
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Dragonia

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 02, 2018, 01:31:11 AM

:o

What the fuck WAS that?

And WHY the fuck did someone clap for her when she finished?

I dislike Yoko Ono even more now. I am disturbed and need to go listen to country music or something.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Dave

^
But, dear Dragonia, it is Art! It is attached to an Icon.

That it is also a concentrated collection of cacophonic crap has nothing to do withnit.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

I can't fathom why anyone would clap after that. Someone please tell the emperor they have no clothes!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

hermes2015

I agree. That was DEFINITELY avant-garbage, not avant-garde art.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dragonia

Quote from: Dave on April 09, 2018, 02:20:18 PM
^

That it is also a concentrated collection of cacophonic crap has nothing to do withnit.

No, no, no, no, noooooo! Who could possibly call that art?  It sounds like a ghost impersonator who has been thrown into a cement mixer with a bunch of pissed off tarantulas.

Tom62

Quote from: Dragonia on April 09, 2018, 10:13:54 PM
Quote from: Dave on April 09, 2018, 02:20:18 PM
^

No, no, no, no, noooooo! Who could possibly call that art?  It sounds like a ghost impersonator who has been thrown into a cement mixer with a bunch of pissed off tarantulas.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Dragonia on April 09, 2018, 01:18:20 PM

I dislike Yoko Ono even more now. I am disturbed and need to go listen to country music or something.

Do you dislike her or her...... art?
I don't much like her stuff but don't really have an opinion on her as a person.
John Lennon was a self confessed abusive bastard to woman, Yoko seemed to have a positive effect in this at least.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Dragonia

^^^Um, well, I guess Yoko Ono might have some good ideals, so as a person, maybe she's all right, so maybe it's not fair to lump her "art" in with her as a person, but I guess that's what I've done. I detest her singing, have no use for her as an "artist", despite the fact that she's trying to send a message through her "art", I guess I don't feel like thinking so hard.
I'm just not a fan. Of course I have never been a Beatles fan either. There's just no redeeming her.

Bluenose

I think that was a classic example of Yoko putting the "f" back in art...
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Davin

I like ketchup on hotdogs.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Rift Zone

Oh.Hell.Yea!    *yum*

In the last few millennia we have made the most astonishing and unexpected discoveries about the Cosmos and our place within it, explorations that are exhilarating to consider. They remind us that humans have evolved to wonder, that understanding is a joy, that knowledge is prerequisite to survival.   -Carl Sagan