News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Yet another nonsense-filled website...

Started by Asmodean, June 16, 2008, 12:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

...which made me wonder about one technicality.

QuoteUSING GOD'S SWORD
Satan is winning the battle for control of America. The question is, How much control does he have in your life?

Satan has control of the news media, public schools, TV, movies, and the government. At one time the radio and TV stations would have lost their licenses for the things they now broadcast! The Bible and Christian standards were once taught in the public schools. Now sodomy as an acceptable way of life, sex without any restraints, New Age beliefs, and witchcraft are taught in the schools, while the Bible is outlawed. And the government is removing all restraints on sex education, sodomy, and abortions. The dams holding back the floods of iniquity have burst. As a result, America is flooded with crime, immorality, and evil of all kinds.

We must begin with ourselves. What control does Satan have over you? If you are bitter, have immoral thoughts, and are greedy for the things of this world, Satan has control of parts of your life. Once he has control of even a small part of your life, he will build a stronghold in that area and cause you to have false reasonings in your mind. This results in making many wrong decisions, which in turn Satan will use to torment you with fears, guilt, discontent, feelings of inferiority and other such destructive emotions.

It is disastrous to give in to temptations. When we yield to our earthly desires they will conceive and give birth to sin. And sin, when it is full grown, produces death. We must lay aside all filthiness and wickedness and accept God's teachings, which will save our souls. Our mind, will and emotions are always damaged when we give in to temptation.

When tempted we must resist Satan. Otherwise, he will sneak up on us, cause defeat in some area of our life, and take control of that area. Resisting Satan requires knowing and using the Bible. Jesus is our example, for He quoted Scripture to refute Satan's temptations. There is a Scripture for every possible temptation.

Continued at source: http://www.abetterhope.com/victory/sword.html

Ok, so the page is titled "Using God's Sword." I wonder, why would an omni-everything god use such an out-dated weapon? Why does he not have an arsenal of hydrogen bombs in stead? Much more effective. And if you don't fancy the possibility of going out in the aftermath of nuclear firestorm, a good sniper rifle will still do the job way, way more efficiently than any melee weapon.

So if god was indeed omnipotent, why would he not craft himself a more reliable weapon to "combat the evil"? And if he has such a weapon, why does his "shiney sword" seem to pop up in almost every demonology discussion I start vs. a Christian? oO(I bet the other guy has a gun. And a big one at that.  :rant: [/vent]
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

pjkeeley

QuoteNow sodomy as an acceptable way of life, sex without any restraints, New Age beliefs, and witchcraft are taught in the schools, while the Bible is outlawed.
Aww man, they didn't teach witchcraft at my school. I missed out bigtime.

Asmodean

Quote from: "pjkeeley"
QuoteNow sodomy as an acceptable way of life, sex without any restraints, New Age beliefs, and witchcraft are taught in the schools, while the Bible is outlawed.
Aww man, they didn't teach witchcraft at my school. I missed out bigtime.
My exam in "Religion and life philosophy" was on Shamanism. Well, partly. It was an oral exam and we were free to choose our main topic. I was told my presentation was "unusual but interesting." Scored me a B (which you have to work pretty hard to get in this country)
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Evolved

Quote from: "Asmodean"Ok, so the page is titled "Using God's Sword." I wonder, why would an omni-everything god use such an out-dated weapon? Why does he not have an arsenal of hydrogen bombs in stead? Much more effective. And if you don't fancy the possibility of going out in the aftermath of nuclear firestorm, a good sniper rifle will still do the job way, way more efficiently than any melee weapon.

So if god was indeed omnipotent, why would he not craft himself a more reliable weapon to "combat the evil"? And if he has such a weapon, why does his "shiney sword" seem to pop up in almost every demonology discussion I start vs. a Christian? oO(I bet the other guy has a gun. And a big one at that.  :rant: [/vent]

I dunno - big shiney swords?  Seems pretty phallic to me...

QuoteNow sodomy as an acceptable way of life, sex without any restraints...

Who said anything about sex without restraints?  Sometimes they're a nice change of pace. lol
"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense."
Chapman Cohen

afreethinker30

Asmodean great way of thinking.It seems to me that every time I see an article about God it always mentions sex (of course in a non-sexless way)   roflol

Asmodean

Quote from: "afreethinker30"Asmodean great way of thinking.It seems to me that every time I see an article about God it always mentions sex (of course in a non-sexless way)   :raised:

Quote from: "afreethinker30"But yet they seem to be consumed by it,its everywhere and in everything.And the mention of sin I'm so sure that the person or persons have never,ever sinned in their life.I guess it means this person have never given in to lust,sloth,gluttony but wait they must be a virgin.I think this author really needs to get some action.Might help calm the nerves  :D )
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

MariaEvri

Quote from: "Asmodean".

Satan is winning the battle for control of America.

ok so why doesnt eh just i donno.. make satan dissapear from existence or something
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

afreethinker30

Quote from: "Asmodean"
Quote from: "afreethinker30"Asmodean great way of thinking.It seems to me that every time I see an article about God it always mentions sex (of course in a non-sexless way)   :raised:

Quote from: "afreethinker30"But yet they seem to be consumed by it,its everywhere and in everything.And the mention of sin I'm so sure that the person or persons have never,ever sinned in their life.I guess it means this person have never given in to lust,sloth,gluttony but wait they must be a virgin.I think this author really needs to get some action.Might help calm the nerves  :D )

I never thought about that.I think higher peoples need to be asked about hermaphrodites.In all the time I was going to church and sunday school I never that about that once.

You know who I feel sorry for are Catholics.Look at how sex and body scared their children are.But that might be because of all the sexual abuse going on in the church to.
And did you know Catholics rent out their priests to? http://www.rentapriest.com

Asmodean

In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

afreethinker30

Quote from: "afreethinker30"http://www.rentapriest.com

:| ... ... ...

I wonder how much they cost?If they do parties?Maybe I will get one for my birthday.It's coming up soon.

Asmodean

I wonder if they can be used for those cake throwing games. You know, where it puts its heaed into this hole in a cardboard wall and you throw cakes at it and if you hit, you win a prize. Now THAT I'd like  :D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

mrwynd

This article is written so rediculously that I'm willing to bet the person that wrote it doesn't really believe it's that bad, they're just trying to scare people into doing what they somehow think is right.

MariaEvri

Quote from: "afreethinker30"http://www.rentapriest.com

no buy?... :(
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Asmodean

Quote from: "mrwynd"This article is written so rediculously that I'm willing to bet the person that wrote it doesn't really believe it's that bad, they're just trying to scare people into doing what they somehow think is right.
Ooh, I've seen far worse come out of fundies' mouth or from under their pens in all seriousness. Whatever their intentions, I hope they get laughed at more than listened to.

Quote from: "MariaEvri"no buy?...  :D

Quote from: "Asmodean"I wonder if they can be used for those cake throwing games. You know, where it puts its heaed into this hole in a cardboard wall and you throw cakes at it and if you hit, you win a prize. Now THAT I'd like  :D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

afreethinker30

Quote from: "mrwynd"This article is written so rediculously that I'm willing to bet the person that wrote it doesn't really believe it's that bad, they're just trying to scare people into doing what they somehow think is right.
Ooh, I've seen far worse come out of fundies' mouth or from under their pens in all seriousness. Whatever their intentions, I hope they get laughed at more than listened to.

Quote from: "MariaEvri"no buy?...  :D

Quote from: "Asmodean"I wonder if they can be used for those cake throwing games. You know, where it puts its heaed into this hole in a cardboard wall and you throw cakes at it and if you hit, you win a prize. Now THAT I'd like  :D  well how far from Indy are you?If you're getting a priest then what are you getting me for a present?Haha