Beauty in Decay Redux: So Good We'll Vote Twice!

Started by Recusant, August 12, 2016, 03:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

Back for a limited engagement; the Beauty in Decay Photo Challenge. Each person gets two votes.

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Asmodean

Asmos are suckers for old ruins, but all nice pics.  :)
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Sandra Craft

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Cirio

Number 4 would be a great restoration project.  ;D

Nice pics, all of them.
I'm glad I don't have to be afraid of going to hell.....

xSilverPhinx

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Cirio

Thanks a lot!  :)

I must get round to doing an introduction.
I'm glad I don't have to be afraid of going to hell.....

Recusant

Ah well, my photo of the little ruin in Provence in southern France has netted the most votes. Thank you to all who participated in this run-off vote.

Now I'll have to come up with a new theme. I don't think I'll even try to match the brilliance of hermes2015's theme. If anybody has a suggestion for the next HAF Photo Challenge, you are welcome to PM me, or put it in this thread. 
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

Well done. It's a beautiful photo and a worthy winner.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Recusant on August 19, 2016, 12:56:26 AM
Ah well, my photo of the little ruin in Provence in southern France has netted the most votes. Thank you to all who participated in this run-off vote.

Now I'll have to come up with a new theme. I don't think I'll even try to match the brilliance of hermes2015's theme. If anybody has a suggestion for the next HAF Photo Challenge, you are welcome to PM me, or put it in this thread.

Congratulations!  This is, what, the third time you've won?

As for the next challenge, how about bodies in motion: people jumping over fences, dogs catching frisbees, birds taking flight, that sort of thing? 
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

How about 'Swans eating bread.'

Not that I've got the perfect picture!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Recusant

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 19, 2016, 03:02:46 AM
Congrats, Recusant! :party:

Thank you, xSilverPhinx:)

Quote from: Magdalena on August 19, 2016, 04:42:45 AM
Congratulations, Recusant:clapping:

Thank you, Magdalena:)

Quote from: Tank on August 19, 2016, 07:05:10 AM
Well done. It's a beautiful photo and a worthy winner.

Thank you, Tank:)

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on August 19, 2016, 07:07:00 AMCongratulations!  This is, what, the third time you've won?

Thank you, BooksCatsEtc. :) 

Yes, this may be the third time I've won. Unfortunately most of the previous HAF Photo Challenges are in electronic limbo, if they even exist any more. There was a suggestion to make a gallery of past winners, which I thought would have been really nice, but when I went to see about doing that, I realized it would be impossible.

Thanks for the suggestions on the next theme. Keep them coming!  :D
— H. L. Mencken