News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

10 years of HAF 22nd June 2016

Started by Tank, May 20, 2016, 12:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

In the beginning Asmo created the internet and the HAF.

Then Asmo said, "Let us make atheists in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over all the cute doggies and evil kats, and all the silly creationists, and over all the evolution deniers that move along the ground."

So Asmo created human beings in his own image, in the image of Asmo he created them; male and female he created them.

Now the internet was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the world wide web, and the Spirit of Asmo was hovering over the forums.

And Asmo said, "Let there be HAF," and "Lo" there was light, and intelligence and good humor spread over the web.

Asmo saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning – the sixth day, so he partied heartily and got stone drunk on "cheap ass brandy".

Then Asmo blessed the seventh day and made it somewhat holy, because on it he rested from all the drinking he had done the night before as he was such a lightweight and much hungover...

Thanks to those who got HAF started, and to all of you who work to keep it going. I'm very happy I stumbled upon this site 2 years ago...

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Buddy

Holy shit has it been two years already Bruno? Time really flies.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

OldGit

I joined eight years ago and have been posting most of the time since.  HAF has changed greatly, but it's still a friendly place.

Essie Mae

This was the site that caught my eye when I needed help to get over the realisation and shock that I'd lost my faith. It was the name that did it, and I have never felt the need to go elsewhere. It has been a pleasure and a revelation, and a help in coping with the deep anger I still feel about being duped for so long. You are all so different from the people I associated with all my life and what I think most is that you are all real in your dealings with each other, not struggling continuously to conform to an impossible ideal for a cruel and bullying tyrant while trying to convince yourselves he's a God of love. HAF for ever, or at least till the sun gets us.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Magdalena

I started 'lurking' here, 2009. I signed on 2010.

I thought Tank, OldGit, and Asmo were hilarious, and I wanted to be their friend.

After that, Icarus, Amicale, BooksCatsEtc, and Davin caught my eye.

Then it was Ali, Claireliontamer, Buddy, Crow, Pasta Chick, Ihateyoumike, hismikeness, Niya, Joeactor, Guardian 85, Siz, Bluenose, Ecurb Noselrub, Recusant, jumbojak, Bruno de la Pole, TWC, xSilverPhinx, Tom62, Dobermonster, Essie, Velma, MariaEvri, Firebird, Stevil, hackenslash, The Magic Pudding, viocjit, Sweetdeath, markmcdaniel, NHBA, God, Eugeny Anatolievich, Hector Valdez, MLA, Gerry Rzeppa, LeKatt, Lee, Nam, (I spoke with Animated Dirt and En_Route, only once). I also remember all the 'time travelers' we've had here.  :snicker:

The new ones are:No one, Apathy, Harmonie, and Bad Penny, solidsquid, and Pahu.

Am I missing anyone?  :headscratch:

Anyways, I like it here. I don't think I could be as happy in another forum, as I am here with all of you.

Atheist are great!  :headbang:

Thanks for the past 6 wonderful years! 
:hug:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Buddy

Huh, I had no idea your account was that old Mags. I thought you came after me.

You should make the virtual meetup sometime!
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Buddy on May 21, 2016, 06:49:13 PM

I was surprised myself, had to look at my own profile to confirm my registration date...god I was so young and naive.

Magdalena

Quote from: Buddy on May 22, 2016, 03:18:40 AM

I don't know if I'm ready for that... :grin:
...But knowing this:
Quote from: Tank on May 16, 2016, 06:37:03 AM
What happens in a meet-up stays in a meet-up. :foottap:
...Is very encouraging.  ;D

:secrets1: Did you hear that, Bruno?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on May 22, 2016, 03:35:28 AM

I was surprised myself, had to look at my own profile to confirm my registration date...god I was so young and naive.
I liked you the minute you walked in here.  :daisies:

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on May 22, 2016, 04:08:31 AM
Quote from: Buddy on May 22, 2016, 03:18:40 AM

I don't know if I'm ready for that... :grin:
...But knowing this:
Quote from: Tank on May 16, 2016, 06:37:03 AM
What happens in a meet-up stays in a meet-up. :foottap:
...Is very encouraging.  ;D

:secrets1: Did you hear that, Bruno?

All I can do is try, no guarantees...as us great apes aren't known for our ability to keep a secret.

Quote from: Magdalena on May 22, 2016, 04:30:02 AM
Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on May 22, 2016, 03:35:28 AM

I liked you the minute you walked in here.  :daisies:

No you didn't...remember that one time we were all dancing and partying down by the boardwalk and I nailed your flip-flops to the deck?

You got so mad you beat me on the head like an angry mother with your flip flop.

Magdalena

^^^
:lol:

I remember when you walked in and said, "Hello" to me.  :grin:

Crow

I wish I never found the damn place. Spent way too much time reading stuff here.
Retired member.

Tom62

I was looking for a small friendly atheist forum after I left the WWGHA. What I found was HAF. Since I joined in July 2006, HAF grew and grew,  people came and went;  we had our differences and some epic battles were fought, but the spirit of being a happy atheist forum always remained.     
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Recusant

It's a thing to speak of "internet years." I've seen an internet year equated to a "dog year" (1 calendar year = 7 internet years), also a fellow did some calculations and decided that one calendar year was  4.7 internet years. Going by the lower number, HAF is well into middle age. The horror!  :mb lol:  << That's one of the original custom smileys for this site, by the way.

Seriously, I'm glad it's still around. Maybe Whitney ("Mysteriously Absent - Like God") will even stop by in the next month or so to regale us with a tale or two from HAF's childhood. Or not. :blue smiley: << Another "vintage" HAF smiley.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.