News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Weasel takes out Large Hadron Collider

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, April 29, 2016, 08:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/29/tech/cern-weasel-irpt/index.html

When last seen, the weasel was traveling through a wormhole to an alternate universe.

No one

Sandra Craft

Why do rodents want want our wires?  It can't taste that good and wouldn't make comfortable bedding.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

OldGit

During the battle of Stalingrad, mice gnawed the wiring of a large number of German tanks and put them out of action.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/22nd_Panzer_Division_%28Wehrmacht%29

Claireliontamer

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on April 29, 2016, 11:33:14 PM
Why do rodents want want our wires?  It can't taste that good and wouldn't make comfortable bedding.

Because their teeth grow continuously they have a chewing instinct to wear them down.  They will chew ANYTHING, wires tend to be the right size for them to get their teeth into. 

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Firebird

Talk about weaseling your way out of work
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

OldGit

All together now - one, two, three:

Weasel overcome, weasel overcome, weasel overcome some day ...

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on April 29, 2016, 08:51:36 PM
When last seen, the weasel was traveling through a wormhole to an alternate universe.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: OldGit on April 30, 2016, 08:38:49 PM
All together now - one, two, three:

Weasel overcome, weasel overcome, weasel overcome some day ...

This one has to be in the Top 10 of HAF posts.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on April 30, 2016, 11:26:18 PM

Here I am rattling my brain trying to remember the cartoon that scene is from but I just can't.  :(
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Claireliontamer on April 30, 2016, 10:56:58 AM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on April 29, 2016, 11:33:14 PM

Because their teeth grow continuously they have a chewing instinct to wear them down.  They will chew ANYTHING, wires tend to be the right size for them to get their teeth into.

Now I'm sad, those poor doomed rodents!
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 01, 2016, 12:10:20 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on April 30, 2016, 11:26:18 PM

Here I am rattling my brain trying to remember the cartoon that scene is from but I just can't.  :(
The weasels that die laughing.

Here's a hint: Jessica and Roger;)

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant