News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Walking Dead II

Started by Sandra Craft, February 24, 2016, 03:41:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow

Quote from: Davin on April 08, 2016, 05:15:15 PM
Are cliff hangers that big of a deal? I mean, the result is only a few months away, no big deal. I would be upset if they cancelled the show, but as long as a resolution is coming, I don't mind.

Nope I just watched the final now and it is obviously who it is. All the cues are there in the episode something they have done since the first season.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

The episode needed more Trevor though. The next season could actually be quite good they have finally got some charismatic actors on board. Far more interested in them than the current lot.
Retired member.

Davin

I agree that it looks like they've succumbed to meta advertising inside the show using almost fourth wall breaking methods to try to gain popularity and viewers. In my mind it's another small dent in my enjoyment of watching the show. In the last few episodes, all of the season 6.5 episodes really, I haven't seen any good events/moments/anything to make up for the damage in a few episodes. I don't think it's all that bad, but it's heading that way.

I'm not against selling out, but I do think they could have sold out while not making it look like that is all they were doing. I also don't think they needed an extra half an hour of wandering around for a season finale.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Ecurb Noselrub

Crow

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on April 09, 2016, 06:07:19 AM
OK, I've changed my mind.  It's Glenn who Negan kills.

https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/Does-Negan-Kill-Glenn-Walking-Dead-Season-6-Finale-40823381#photo-40824583

You should have read my post I figured that shit out. Though there are a lot more first person perspective than the one used in the link, there are loads very subtly done but they are there and always from the perspective of Glen. They happen in the first part of the season, first I can think of is when he spots Maggie a top the tower from outside the walls. They are almost seamlessly done but they are distinct in style from every other shot in the series.

But it is actually a big story point in the comics so even though they played with it there isn't really another character that could have died to get the same reaction for the direction the story is about to go. It has to be one of the originals and seeing as there was only Glenn, Carl and Rick there which were there from the first season.
Retired member.

Pasta Chick

Daryl is season one, and not in the comics at all. Hence the rumors it's him - he has no story line, and Reedus has his own show & side projects now.

Crow

Quote from: Pasta Chick on April 09, 2016, 12:31:21 PM
Daryl is season one, and not in the comics at all. Hence the rumors it's him - he has no story line, and Reedus has his own show & side projects now.

I'm not going to say anything that would potentially spoil something but Daryl doesn't have the connection to a specific character who is integral to the progress of the story who changes directly after the death of Glen though they hinted at the direction of that person in this series. And even though they have changed bits they have never gone totally off plot and it is a big turning point.
Retired member.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Crow on April 09, 2016, 11:42:14 AM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on April 09, 2016, 06:07:19 AM
OK, I've changed my mind.  It's Glenn who Negan kills.

https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/Does-Negan-Kill-Glenn-Walking-Dead-Season-6-Finale-40823381#photo-40824583

You should have read my post I figured that shit out. Though there are a lot more first person perspective than the one used in the link, there are loads very subtly done but they are there and always from the perspective of Glen. They happen in the first part of the season, first I can think of is when he spots Maggie a top the tower from outside the walls. They are almost seamlessly done but they are distinct in style from every other shot in the series.

But it is actually a big story point in the comics so even though they played with it there isn't really another character that could have died to get the same reaction for the direction the story is about to go. It has to be one of the originals and seeing as there was only Glenn, Carl and Rick there which were there from the first season.

My favorite.  It figures.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Firebird

Quote from: Crow on April 07, 2016, 11:57:31 PM
Has anyone watched Fear the Walking Dead and if so is it any good?

The Telltale games are far superior to the show I think that is in part not being confined to the comic (seriously play the first episode of season one it is free, and you will see what I mean, if you get stuck use your noggin) and was wondering if this was similar.

I watched the first season. I'll probably give season 2 a shot, but there's not enough to distinguish it from TWD. It was sold as showing a whole different perspective and getting to see society crumble slowly, unlike TWD, but they've done a poor job of that so far. And one of the main characters (the father) really gets on my nerves.

TWD finale...Carol's character shift continues to confuse me. Negan's group blocking every road was well done IMO, as it built on the sense of futility and dread, and the introduction of Negan was frightening for like the first two minutes of his speech. By minute 5 I was just getting impatient. If you're going to tack on another 20 minutes to the show, at least make it count.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Crow

Quote from: Firebird on April 10, 2016, 07:51:11 PM
TWD finale...Carol's character shift continues to confuse me. Negan's group blocking every road was well done IMO, as it built on the sense of futility and dread, and the introduction of Negan was frightening for like the first two minutes of his speech. By minute 5 I was just getting impatient. If you're going to tack on another 20 minutes to the show, at least make it count.

I was really disappointed the way they went with Carol. When I wrote what I did about her I had just watched the episode where they are getting attacked by the wolves. It just didn't really make any sense where they went after that, it was like they wanted to write in the empathy part but that was way too late in the day to try pull that off. They might of thought of doing that around the time she kills the girl or the two ill people.
Retired member.

Firebird

Quote from: Crow on April 10, 2016, 09:10:25 PMThey might of thought of doing that around the time she kills the girl or the two ill people.

Couldn't agree more
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Ecurb Noselrub

It's back.

Abraham is dead.

Glenn is dead.

Rick has been humiliated.

Daryl is a hostage.

Negan will definitely die a horrible death at some point in the future.

Sandra Craft

They killed both the character I cared most about and the one I cared least about.  Altho I have to say both Glen and Abraham died very "them" sort of deaths.

Did anybody watch The Talking Dead afterwards?  It was held in a huge outdoor setting (a cemetery, no less) and it rained on them all night long.  I thought that was hilarious.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Dragonia

I'm so happy that you guys have a WD thread! I came first thing this morning to check, and voilá!  :D
So Books, I am opposite of you in that Glenn was one of my least favorite and Abe was one of my most favorite characters.
Last night tore my heart up, especially the whole plan to try to break Rick, but I'm excited to watch how Negan meets his demise. And they dispatched Daryl nicely, so he can be not dead, but still go fulfill his other obligations IRL.
And I did watch the rain-soaked Talking Dead afterwards. It was so great to watch all of those cast members be together. The most I've seen together at one time I think.
It's was fun watching the interactions until Jeffery Dean Morgan (Negan) came out. Even though I know he is a great actor, I still can't like the real life man at all. Ech....
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Pasta Chick

I chose Westworld.

I feel so free...  ;D

Dragonia

Westworld looks good too, but I don't have HBO. Cause I'm too cheap to pay extra for it.  ;)

Sooo, I forgot, but I have a question for anyone else who watched Walking Dead last night.  Did anyone else see some serious parallels between when Negan was going to make Rick cut Carl's arm off, and a certain Bible story, (Genesis 22:1-14) where God told Abraham to murder (sacrifice) his only son, Isaac?  We don't see as much of the turmoil this causes Abraham, but we assume it was great, considering all that it took to get this son.
Well, at the last minute, God said "ah, hang on, nevermind, good job for being willing to do it, but don't kill him". Just like Negan did.
Except we thought Negan was such a sick twisted monster, and he was only asking for an arm! But the God of the Bible was asking for Isaac's life and Christians make excuses all over the place as to why it was in God's rights to do this and he lovingly and benevolently stopped Abraham from doing it, blah blah blah.
It would be interesting to apply all of the defense arguments for God's actions to Negan's actions last night.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)