News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Walking Dead II

Started by Sandra Craft, February 24, 2016, 03:41:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Who did Negan kill?  My guess is Eugene.  Guess we won't know until the fall.

It's a sort of "who shot J.R.?" deal, for those of you familiar with "Dallas."

Pasta Chick

I'm so mad. I don't even have anything to say anymore.

A few years ago, a friend of mine who is in the entertainment industry said that the quality of your product no longer matters, as long as people are talking about it on social media. That's what I think about now every time I watch TWD.

Sandra Craft

So I'm guessing we still don't know who got Lucilled, and won't until next season?  I think the entertainment industry is putting way too much faith in the average attention span.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Crow

Quote from: Pasta Chick on April 04, 2016, 03:49:06 AM
I'm so mad. I don't even have anything to say anymore.

A few years ago, a friend of mine who is in the entertainment industry said that the quality of your product no longer matters, as long as people are talking about it on social media. That's what I think about now every time I watch TWD.

When the split a season into two parts they usually don't give a fuck.
Retired member.

Pasta Chick

I thought they split it to avoid airing new episodes at times like Christmas.

Seriously, though, literally nothing happened in that episode. Everyone wandered around for 45 minutes while AMC shoved commercials down our throats for an additional 45. I posted on FB immediately after it ended and thought to myself, "ok, there's no spoiler here right... Wait... There's nothing to spoil. This episode has no spoilers."

Sandra Craft

I thought it was a yawn.  Negan come on only in the last 10 minutes of the episode and after 5 minutes I was already bored with him.  And season 7 is supposed to be Negan-centric.  The only reason I'm now looking forward to it is to find out something about those knights of Morgan's, they interested me.
Sandy

Ecurb Noselrub

Were they Knights or ninja turtles. What's with that armor?

The core group was stupid for going out in that RV, and they got totally humiliated.  The only way they regain my respect is if they go totally postal early next season and kill 200 Saviors.

Crow

Quote from: Pasta Chick on April 04, 2016, 11:57:20 AM

Seriously, though, literally nothing happened in that episode. Everyone wandered around for 45 minutes while AMC shoved commercials down our throats for an additional 45. I posted on FB immediately after it ended and thought to myself, "ok, there's no spoiler here right... Wait... There's nothing to spoil. This episode has no spoilers."

They essentially get two seasons for the price of one, 8 + 8. It also allows them to re-edit or change tact by shooting multiple versions of scenes and ending on a mid point season cliff hanger. Often tv shows will shoot multiple versions of scenes to avoid leaks and then for the rest they limit the amount of screen time the other option would have. Ultimately it is about keeping viewing figures up as cheap as possible and rather than writing a damn fucking good story irrelevant of the audiences opinions they offer a form of fan service instead. The Networks that do it (AMC in this case), it is part of their fiscal tact more than anything.

My biggest problem with the show is how long they have taken to do anything and that they are still having the same conversation and are 6 seasons deep. Where they are now could have probably been done in about three to four seasons, but that's the problem when you take a source that is still in on going, at some point you are going to catch up. That is why you get flashback episodes that add nothing to character development and a lead character who has been saying "it was the right call" and "we have to survive" for the last few seasons who has been hinted at being mentally unstable. Carol is the only character with development that is actually interesting but that is just in the background because if they explore it properly that character either has to die or take over as there is no middle ground, there is also no source material to go off so whatever they do would be a dramatic departure and nothing they have done indicates they are willing to take such a sharp side step even though it would make the TV series much better for it.
Retired member.

Davin

I'm more than a little disappointed in how all that went down. The Savior surrounding them and coming out of seemingly no where thin is getting so tired as to being silly right now. I suppose they're about 2/3's through the comic story lines, but they skipped a few issues entirely seemingly to get to Negan faster, but then took their sweet time with the Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd routine for the last few episodes. There is so much inconsistency going with everything that my brain is losing it while watching. I like Jeffery Dean Morgan, but I hope this story line only lasts one season at most.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Pasta Chick

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on April 04, 2016, 12:09:35 PM
I thought it was a yawn.  Negan come on only in the last 10 minutes of the episode and after 5 minutes I was already bored with him.  And season 7 is supposed to be Negan-centric.  The only reason I'm now looking forward to it is to find out something about those knights of Morgan's, they interested me.

Not even. He appeared, there was an 8 minute commercial break, and then 6 minutes of Negan waffling over who to kill that got boring after 2 min.

Pasta Chick

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on April 04, 2016, 12:58:58 PM

The core group was stupid for going out in that RV, and they got totally humiliated.  The only way they regain my respect is if they go totally postal early next season and kill 200 Saviors.

SHUT UP THAT WAS THE BEST 3 SECONDS OF THE EPISODE!!!

I put this on Facebook too - I will be watching season 7 to see if Morgan drives a decoy tanker full of sand so the peaceful villagers can escape with their horses.

I think the Saviors have been portrayed as too strong now, and the core group as too bumbling and incompetent to effectively turn anything around. Whatever they do is going to come off ridiculous.

Edit: While we're (I'm) talking other movie references, wtf is fuck is up with the Hunger Games whistling? Is that actually in the comic, or are they really just pandering to crossover fans? It comes off as the latter.

Pasta Chick

Quote from: Crow on April 04, 2016, 01:04:26 PM
Quote from: Pasta Chick on April 04, 2016, 11:57:20 AM

They essentially get two seasons for the price of one, 8 + 8. It also allows them to re-edit or change tact by shooting multiple versions of scenes and ending on a mid point season cliff hanger. Often tv shows will shoot multiple versions of scenes to avoid leaks and then for the rest they limit the amount of screen time the other option would have. Ultimately it is about keeping viewing figures up as cheap as possible and rather than writing a damn fucking good story irrelevant of the audiences opinions they offer a form of fan service instead. The Networks that do it (AMC in this case), it is part of their fiscal tact more than anything.

My biggest problem with the show is how long they have taken to do anything and that they are still having the same conversation and are 6 seasons deep. Where they are now could have probably been done in about three to four seasons, but that's the problem when you take a source that is still in on going, at some point you are going to catch up. That is why you get flashback episodes that add nothing to character development and a lead character who has been saying "it was the right call" and "we have to survive" for the last few seasons who has been hinted at being mentally unstable. Carol is the only character with development that is actually interesting but that is just in the background because if they explore it properly that character either has to die or take over as there is no middle ground, there is also no source material to go off so whatever they do would be a dramatic departure and nothing they have done indicates they are willing to take such a sharp side step even though it would make the TV series much better for it.

I mean, that does make sense, and there was obviously a ton of really super blatant "HEY WE NOTICED YOU FANS THINK EITHER GLENN OR DARYL WILL DIE! WHICH ONE WILL IT BE? HAHA YOU CANT TELL!" *drops a million hints for either*

Speaking of cheap as possible, their special effects have become so fucking terrible I thought of Evil Dead several times last night.

The Carol story line is waaaaay more interesting to me, but at the same time frustrating because it has nothing to do with anything else. I do think there are other interesting characters, but none that could be a lead. Rick has bored me since season 3 and I was hoping they'd kill him off in 4, but obviously that's too radical.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on April 04, 2016, 12:58:58 PM

I watched The Talking Dead right after, and a producer or writer (can't remember which) said the real surprise killing of the season 6 finale was Rick's confidence -- whoever got bashed is part of season 7.  I call lame.

And I think the guys who were actually interesting were knights, but I base that solely on the fact that they had horses.
Sandy

Pasta Chick

Yeah, that's ridiculous.

Speaking of terrible things and TWD, ever look at any of the fan fiction? So much Daryl/Jesus slash... It's like a train wreck. I recently discovered you can search any pairing on Fanfiction.net and there is just no end to the weirdness.

My second favorite thing is the "smut" obviously written by 14-year-old virgins. Which is fucking hilarious.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Pasta Chick on April 05, 2016, 01:45:32 AM
Yeah, that's ridiculous.

Speaking of terrible things and TWD, ever look at any of the fan fiction? So much Daryl/Jesus slash... It's like a train wreck. I recently discovered you can search any pairing on Fanfiction.net and there is just no end to the weirdness.

My second favorite thing is the "smut" obviously written by 14-year-old virgins. Which is fucking hilarious.

Ah yes, I remember fanfic from my Buffy days.  Don't tell anyone.
Sandy