News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

The PALIN Endorses TRUMP... Thing

Started by MadBomr101, January 20, 2016, 11:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBomr101

Everyone knows by now that Sarah Palin has cast her support for Donald Trump which is bad enough but the REAL question here is: why the hell is Sarah Palin still a thing???  How has this woman who has definitively proven time and again that she truly is one of the dumbest people alive managed to remain in the public eye as a leader within her party and a voice whose opinion is sought out by anyone?  THAT's the question I want answered.

So far as Palin endorsing Trump goes, it should be viewed as the political equivalent of Daffy Duck endorsing Goofy.  Regardless, this unholy union of stupidity and arrogance is clearly cause for concern.  Still, it coulda been worse, she coulda gotten behind Cruz.

Is it wrong that I almost want to see a Trump/Palin ticket?  I mean, if just for the entertainment value alone.   

- Bomr
I'm waiting for the movie of my life to be made.  It should cost about $7.23 and that includes the budget for special effects.

Firebird

Bill Maher's theory was that Republicans find her attractive (OK, really what he said was that they wanted to fuck her). I don't find her attractive at all, but I could totally see how a lunatic gun nut would find her sexy. And she knows how to use that, as shown by her winking during the VP debate 8 years ago. It's as good an explanation as any.

Edit: misspelled Bill Maher's name (stupid auto-correct)
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Icarus

If this were a sane world, having Palin endorse Trump would be the kiss of political death. But NOOOO this is not a sane world. So the Donald gets some points for the endorsement.

Biggus Dickus

This whole thing is like some weird, offbeat, Orwellian novel.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Recusant

And now a word from the Ministry of Solemnity:

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Claireliontamer

Recusant

He's now the host of the "Late Night" show (used to be David Letterman) on NBC. I think he doesn't get as much chance to shine as he did on the "Colbert Report," but "Late Night" is a much different sort of show. He still gets his moments though, as above.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

MadBomr101

Did anyone else see the actual endorsement speech she gave?  It was pure Palin gold!  A mindless, meandering morass of moronic mush while Trump just stood next to her with a dumb look on his face that suggested he was probably daydreaming about banging his daughter again.
- Bomr
I'm waiting for the movie of my life to be made.  It should cost about $7.23 and that includes the budget for special effects.

Biggus Dickus

I find that I can't listen to the likes of Palin, Trump, Ted Nugent, Rush,etc...for any reasonable length of time...I tried to listen to her entire rant or speech, however. I don't speak the Conservative,Christian, Authoritative, Tea-bagger language she was speaking, and lacked an interpreter so I could only make out parts of it.

I did read a transcript of her speech, and I found it amazing for two reasons, one her complete lack of understanding of how to structure a sentence properly, and two the amazing patience of whomever was able to transcribe her speech.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on January 22, 2016, 03:44:32 AM
I find that I can't listen to the likes of Palin, Trump, Ted Nugent, Rush,etc...for any reasonable length of time...I tried to listen to her entire rant or speech, however. I don't speak the Conservative,Christian, Authoritative, Tea-bagger language she was speaking, and lacked an interpreter so I could only make out parts of it.

I did read a transcript of her speech, and I found it amazing for two reasons, one her complete lack of understanding of how to structure a sentence properly, and two the amazing patience of whomever was able to transcribe her speech.
You know what would be a good idea? They should hire that fake interpreter from Mandela's Ceremony to translate what she's, well... semi-saying.  :snicker:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 23, 2016, 09:49:49 AM
^I laughed so hard at that gif.  :rofl:
I like you, xSilverPhinx, you understand my crazy world.  :snicker:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Guardian85

Quote from: MadBomr101 on January 22, 2016, 03:03:25 AM
Did anyone else see the actual endorsement speech she gave?  It was pure Palin gold!  A mindless, meandering morass of moronic mush while Trump just stood next to her with a dumb look on his face that suggested he was probably daydreaming about banging his daughter again.

Props for proper alliteration.  :thumbsup:

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Tom62

Quote from: MadBomr101 on January 22, 2016, 03:03:25 AM

I could not believe that it wasn't a comedy act.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Crow

How much longer does this politics show go on for?
Retired member.