News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Hah! Finally! Eat this, Norwegian fundies!

Started by Asmodean, June 11, 2008, 06:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Today, as expected, a new sex-neutral marriage law was okayed with 84 against 41 votes.

The law gives homosexuals the same rights to marry as heterosexuals. In addition, the law gives homosexual and heterosexual parents equal rights when it comes to adoption and also gives lesbians right to assisted/artificial insemination.

The fundies are, naturally, very displeased. Kind of makes me happy. :-D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Will

Absolutely fantastic. Ah, to be in an overwhelmingly atheist nation....
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Asmodean

Sometimes it is. Although most people do not consider themselves atheists - they just don't give a damn about religion. We still have enough fundies to stir some trouble every now and then though.

As for the new law, each minister will be free to choose if he/she will marry gay couples and it seems like the church is for now split neatly in half, although why gays would want to marry in a church I do not quite understand...
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

crocofish

As I used to joke with a Norwegian friend ... what would you expect from a country that is shaped like a scrotum.  :D

But seriously, good for Norway.  I'm glad it was approved by a large margin also.

In the spirit of separation of church and state, I'm fine with churches having their own rules internally.  It becomes a problem when churches try to legislate rules on people outside of their churches.
"The cloud condenses, and looks back on itself, in wonder." -- unknown

Asmodean

A map of Scandinavia does remind somewhat of a penis and testicles  :unsure:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

nikkixsugar

Quote from: "crocofish"As I used to joke with a Norwegian friend ... what would you expect from a country that is shaped like a scrotum.  :D

But seriously, good for Norway.  I'm glad it was approved by a large margin also.

In the spirit of separation of church and state, I'm fine with churches having their own rules internally.  It becomes a problem when churches try to legislate rules on people outside of their churches.

Yeah good for them. the 3 countries in that general areas are pretty phallic in nature. I wonder about the other 2.... hahaha.
Hate to tell you, but.....

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Asmodean

Quote from: "nikkixsugar"Yeah good for them. the 3 countries in that general areas are pretty phallic in nature. I wonder about the other 2.... hahaha.

Uhm... Ok... I guess...  :raised:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

karadan

Thats great news. Scandinavia generally is at the forefront of tolerance and bloody good ideas when it comes to laws and the general governance of their respective nations. Every country should take a leaf out of their book when it comes to cohesive and rational schools of thought.

A same sex marriage happened in the UK this weekend. You wouldn't believe the uproar it has caused. I just don't know why religious people can't chill the fuck out.
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

Asmodean

Quote from: "karadan"Thats great news. Scandinavia generally is at the forefront of tolerance and bloody good ideas when it comes to laws and the general governance of their respective nations. Every country should take a leaf out of their book when it comes to cohesive and rational schools of thought.
Oh, there is a lot of room for improvement. Mostly in ot money-spending (or rather, preserving) policy and our policy of giving way too much money to corrupt governments in attempt to "help" popuilations.

Quote from: "karadan"A same sex marriage happened in the UK this weekend. You wouldn't believe the uproar it has caused. I just don't know why religious people can't chill the fuck out.
I don't see their problem. If gays are going to hell anyways, the fundies will never see them in that heaven of their'n. Why can't they just shut up and get a life?  :rant: Equal rights for everyone is no bad thing.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

karadan

Quote from: "Asmodean"I don't see their problem. If gays are going to hell anyways, the fundies will never see them in that heaven of their'n. Why can't they just shut up and get a life?  :rant: Equal rights for everyone is no bad thing.

Because they are intolerant bigots and seemingly need something to whine about to give their sad little lives some warped sence of purpose...

Either that or they are simply, fucking stupid.
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

OldGit

Quote from: "karadan"A same sex marriage happened in the UK this weekend. You wouldn't believe the uproar it has caused. I just don't know why religious people can't chill the fuck out.
If this is the one I'm thinking of, it was two gay Anglican priests who got very publicly 'married' in a London church.
The priest who performed the ceremony went as close as possible to a standard wedding, in defiance of explicit orders from his bishop.
There is already a huge split in the Anglican church between pro- and anti-gays.  This has opened it wider.  The annual conference is coming up, and many traditionalist countries are boycotting it.
Fun and games all round.

karadan

Indeed. I'm very much looking forward to that. I've started stockpiling the popcorn already.

OldGit

Quote from: "karadan"Indeed. I'm very much looking forward to that. I've started stockpiling the popcorn already.
Yup, get the beer in the fridge. More fun than bloody tennis.  :beer:

afreethinker30

Minneapolitian

QuoteAlthough most people do not consider themselves atheists - they just don't give a damn about religion.

Oh what a dream come true that would be!  Now that's what I call heaven.