News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Punishing puns! and spoonerisms and malapropisms etc.

Started by Tank, December 19, 2015, 11:49:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: Tank on July 21, 2016, 07:32:17 AM

Chives, here in Britland, look like a grass and you cut leaves as needed and chop them into little rings.

What some Americans call "scallions" or "green onions" seem to be what we call "spring onions" - tops like large chives and a bulb that can vary in size, from not much wider than the stem to a globe maybe 3/4 inch or more across.

One of my favourite foods, so versatile raw or cooked - part of the "holy trinity" of Thai cooking, along with garlic and ginger . . .more of my favourites.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tank

Chives growing in a pot. We cut off the 'blades'. These are chives in the UK. I've never seen anybody eating the roots.

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Quote from: Tank on July 21, 2016, 06:59:55 PM
Chives growing in a pot. We cut off the 'blades'. These are chives in the UK. I've never seen anybody eating the roots.

Shall we start a food and drink thread, Tank?

joeactor

Yes... That's what I call chives as well.

xSilverPhinx

What did the mother buffalo say when her son left? Bison.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Ecurb Noselrub

We already have a foodie thread, I think.

We also eat the chive blade in the US, chopped up and put on baked potatoes, usually.

Siz

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 24, 2016, 04:45:49 PM
What did the mother buffalo say when her son left? Bison.

What's the difference between a bison and a buffalo?
You can't wash your hands in a buffalo.

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Dave

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 24, 2016, 04:49:17 PM
We already have a foodie thread, I think.

We also eat the chive blade in the US, chopped up and put on baked potatoes, usually.

Mixed with cottage cheese or a cheese sauce is nice as well. I have used then as a garnish, sprinkled over fried chicken strips just before service - just the gentlest taste of onion.

Ecurb Noselrub

Since we are talking food, lettuce turnip the beet.  I donut understand puns, usually.  But I try to romaine calm.  But if the subject is food, peas don't make me hungry!  All this talk about foods that I can't eat is bacon my heart. 

Dave

"Keep clear of the muesli people"

"The who?"

"You know, the fruits, flakes and nuts!"

joeactor

xSilverPhinx

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

xSilverPhinx