News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Ahoy

Started by tornado, June 08, 2008, 10:22:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tornado

I am a male bipedal primate of the species Homo sapiens whom has survived 21 revolutions of the Earth around the Sun. I currently reside in Northern California, USA, where I attend college. I still have not decided on a major, though I am most likely going to major in some form of biological science. I try to be funny, though my humor is often misunderstood, and a cause for awkward silences and embarrassing blank stares.

I have many interests, which causes me to not be particularly adept at any one thing, and my interests wax and wane with the passing of time. Currently, my foremost interests are gardening, wildlife, wandering about, writing, and of course Atheism. My thoughts originate in my brain, rather than a bible or a preacher's mouth. I try not to let the opinions of others sway me unless they have a valid point or an undeniable truth which contradicts something I have come to believe. Maybe I sound pompous and stubborn, but I like to think of it as having resolve.

I like to sound formal, sophisticated, and well-informed in my writing, but in reality I am still a young man in search of good times. I hope I can find in this community people with whom I can exchange my thoughts comfortably and have a good time in doing so.

Nice to meet you.

joeactor

Nice to meet you, Tornado - welcome!
JoeActor

Evolved

Hey Tornado.  Welcome to the forum.  Great introduction!

Quote from: "tornado"I am a male bipedal primate of the species Homo sapiens whom has survived 21 revolutions of the Earth around the Sun.

Love it.  I am also a male biped H. sapiens sapiens and a survivor of approximately 34 revolutions to date.  I am jealous of your location - CA is far more progressive than where I live.  I spend a good portion of my time here just avoiding the local subspecies Homo sapiens redneckus and Homo sapiens cousinfuckus.

Enjoy yourself!
"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense."
Chapman Cohen

Will

I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Kylyssa

Quote from: "tornado"I like to sound formal, sophisticated, and well-informed in my writing, but in reality I am still a young man in search of good times. I hope I can find in this community people with whom I can exchange my thoughts comfortably and have a good time in doing so.
Welcome, Tornado! I have found this to be a very friendly and supportive community and hope you will as well.  There's nothing wrong with seeking good times - I practically dedicate my life to it!

tornado

Thanks for the welcomes everyone!

QuoteI am jealous of your location - CA is far more progressive than where I live. I spend a good portion of my time here just avoiding the local subspecies Homo sapiens redneckus and Homo sapiens cousinfuckus.

Yes, California is a wonderful place, and I am lucky enough to have been born here. I live in the range of Coast Redwood (Sequoia Sempervirens, not to be mistaken for the Giant Sequoia, Sequoiadendron giganteum) which means I live in an area heavily effected by logging and forestry, so I also run into a lot of rednecks and strange hillfolk. I don't think you can really get away from them no matter where you go.

thegodconclusion

hey tornado, i'm just starting out too.  good to meet you.  rednecks are everywhere, they're just labeled differently by region.  so i know your frustration.  take care
If you have a minute please sign my petition for Richard Dawkins.  Thanks!
http://thegodconclusion.wordpress.com/

MommaSquid

Quote from: "tornado"...I try to be funny, though my humor is often misunderstood, and a cause for awkward silences and embarrassing blank stares.

:blink:

I get that look occasionally.  Welcome to the forum, tornado.