News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Duke of Bullshit: "The" Donald

Started by Recusant, November 11, 2015, 11:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

I'm ashamed to admit that there is so much racism in our country after dealing with this issue for so many years. The idiot carrying the Confederate flag in the Capitol underlined that fact. Frankly, I'm ready for another Black President. Blacks seem to care more about democracy these days.  I hope Kamala Harris succeeds Joe Biden and gets a shot at being in the White House.

Tom62

Just a stupid question. Can Trump still launch nukes?
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 08, 2021, 08:12:00 PM
I'm ashamed to admit that there is so much racism in our country after dealing with this issue for so many years. The idiot carrying the Confederate flag in the Capitol underlined that fact. Frankly, I'm ready for another Black President. Blacks seem to care more about democracy these days.  I hope Kamala Harris succeeds Joe Biden and gets a shot at being in the White House.

I'm all for a Harris/Abrams ticket in 2024.  I'm rather hoping Harris will take the reins behind the scenes now, since Biden has already done all that we needed him to do in pushing Trump out.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Dark Lightning

The "football" is always near him. I hope the person carrying it has the guts to tell him no, if he wanted it handed over. I think he should be tranquilized to the eyeballs until the 20th. Since he wants one last ride in AF1, I think that it would be prudent to put only enough fuel in it to get to Florida.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Tom62 on January 08, 2021, 08:14:28 PM

Presumably.  I know that's one of the reasons given for pushing the Senate to invoke the 25th amendment even tho there's only 2 weeks left of this admn.
Sandy

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Tom62 on January 08, 2021, 08:14:28 PM

Pelosi was concerned about this very thing, and conferred with the Chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. He confirmed that they have safeguards in place to prevent this unless it is justified (such as if Russia launches them against us). 

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Davin on January 08, 2021, 02:57:09 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 08, 2021, 12:15:31 PM
Quote from: Tom62 on January 08, 2021, 11:16:43 AM
I agree with you, but it takes a special kind of stupidity to do such a thing. I assume that if BLM would have stormed that building, far more people would have died.

Quote from: Tank on January 08, 2021, 11:21:31 AM
Biden said that if they had been black the preparation would have been very different. Does this mean that there would have been more armed guards etc? If so he's acknowledged the fundamental racism of America.

Quote from: Tom62 on January 08, 2021, 11:43:04 AM
I think that it depends more on the people that run the "show" than the "system" itself. Also, BLM shows a clear antipathy against police (no wonder why), while the PB are in general pro-police. Any "feeble minded" officer in charge of security might therefor see BLM more of a threat than PB.

I'm betting Trump dismantled the forces guarding the building in some way prior to the invasion. I'm speculating he knew beforehand  the mob was going to do that but chose to risk the lives of those inside the building and not reinforce the police surrounding the area. He's crazy and psychopathic enough to do that.

It just doesn't make sense to me that Trump wasn't debriefed by the CIA or another intelligence agency about the likely probability of them overtaking the building. Without a doubt they're monitoring these cultist groups online and off.   
That seems to be what happened, that he installed loyalists who denied the national guard from being called in.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2021/01/07/maryland-governor-says-pentagon-repeatedly-denied-approval-to-send-national-guard-to-capitol/?sh=148eb7e46cb4
However, Hogan, who requires the Department of Defense's authority to mobilize his National Guard troops, said he was "repeatedly denied" approval to do so from the Pentagon despite being "ready, willing and able" to assist.

Hogan said he had a "back and forth trying to get that authorization" and that, about an hour and a half later, Secretary of the Army Ryan McCarthy gave approval to send his troops to Washington, D.C.

Wow. That psycho is even more predictable than I previously thought! :o
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Old Seer

I don't particularly care to comment here, but just for the record. In a few short months I predict you'll know what marxist fascism is all about.  ;)
The only thing possible the world needs saving from are the ones running it.
Oh lord, save us from those wanting to save us.
I'm not a Theist.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Old Seer on January 08, 2021, 09:38:29 PM
I don't particularly care to comment here, but just for the record. In a few short months I predict you'll know what marxist fascism is all about.  ;)

I'm willing to bet really big money we don't.  All we're looking at is a re-set to 2012, which isn't great but is way better than more of Trump.
Sandy

Icarus

Would that Old Seer explain sufficiently so that I could understand my forthcoming fascist influenced fate.

Randy

Quote from: Old Seer on January 08, 2021, 09:38:29 PM
I sort of got the impression that was where we would be headed with another four years of Trumpicide. I'm not sure how we would get it in the future unless the supporters gang together and start a fascist party. That's always a possibility I guess.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Randy

Here's something that will make Trump wonder what to do with his tiny hands now.

Twitter bans President Trump permanently
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Randy on January 09, 2021, 12:41:21 AM
Here's something that will make Trump wonder what to do with his tiny hands now.

He's had his fingers slapped in the past (twitter calling out that a twit (sic) was disputed), but twitter kind of catered to the allegedly "most powerful man in the free world". I'm reminded of when an FA-117 got shot down over Kosovo during Clinton's presidency. When Clinton asked why he'd never heard of that aircraft, he was told, "You had no 'need to know'". I worked in defense for over 32 years. Need to know is a big deal, and if the president doesn't need to know, he doesn't...know. I just can't imagine what those intelligence briefings were like.  :shrug:

Randy

Quote from: Dark Lightning on January 09, 2021, 01:29:20 AM
Quote from: Randy on January 09, 2021, 12:41:21 AM

He's had his fingers slapped in the past (twitter calling out that a twit (sic) was disputed), but twitter kind of catered to the allegedly "most powerful man in the free world". I'm reminded of when an FA-117 got shot down over Kosovo during Clinton's presidency. When Clinton asked why he'd never heard of that aircraft, he was told, "You had no 'need to know'". I worked in defense for over 32 years. Need to know is a big deal, and if the president doesn't need to know, he doesn't...know. I just can't imagine what those intelligence briefings were like.  :shrug:
That's fascinating to know. I would have expected the Commander In Chief to have his eyes on everything that goes on.

Recusant

Such a Commander in Chief would have to pay any attention to the briefings in the first place. Soon-to-be-ex-president Trump was infamous for not reading briefing papers. If his name wasn't mentioned in the text he lost interest immediately. There are darkly humorous tales of the ways his staff would try to spoon-feed him the most essential issues that required his attention in minimalist pre-digested form.

As for knowing about secret weapons systems, I think a determined president who was willing to ask the right questions and insist on answers could learn a fair amount, if not precise details.

Excellent HAF scoop, by the way. The dethroning of Tweetolini is a significant event, to go along with the other significant events in Washington DC in the past week or so.  It couldn't go without mention here. :thumb:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken