News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Sanctimonious Asshat Huckabee Employs "Economic Terrorism"

Started by Recusant, October 12, 2015, 06:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

"Mike Huckabee: Boycott Rainbow Doritos! But Chick-Fil-A Boycott Was 'Economic Terrorism'" | Right Wing Watch

QuoteBack in 2012, Mike Huckabee came to Chick-fil-A's defense after the restaurant chain faced criticism for its founder's anti-gay statements and for donations the company's foundation had made to anti-gay groups. Huckabee organized a "Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day" in an attempt to block what he described as "economic terrorism" targeting the company. On his Fox News show, he said he would never call for a boycott of Starbucks, Apple or Amazon even though he disagrees with their leaders' politics.

Huckabee, however, seems to have changed his tune on culture-war boycotts. Time reports that Huckabee has "called on Christians to boycott all snacks made by" Frito Lay after it released limited edition Rainbow Doritos to benefit the anti-bullying It Gets Better Project. Huckabee had demanded that the group apologize and cut its ties with Dan Savage, who founded the anti-bullying group.

[Continues . . .]

Nothing really surprising about this hypocrisy. It's pretty much SOP for Christian Warriors like Mike "threat to your religious freedom" Huckabee. Still, worth a dry smirk, or at least an eye-roll.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

If there is a creator god, then he must have put people like this Huckabee on Earth to make other people laugh. Is it even possible that someone could be so blind to their own hypocrisy? Not that he cares, probably...

Those Doritos look tasty.   
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Asmodean Prime

The Asmo has a far better reason to boycott those: where are the gray ones? HM?! WHERE?!  >:( Such disrespect!  >:(

Firebird

I recall reading somewhere that Doritos in their original form (ie, pre food-coloring) are indeed gray, though I can't find the source.  If true, it just goes to show that doritos are made in Your Image, but can never be truly replicated without scaring people off. Feel better?
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Asmodean Prime

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 12, 2015, 07:11:03 PM

If there is a creator god, then he must have put people like this Huckabee on Earth to make other people laugh.

It's always been my position that if Huckabee didn't exist, we'd just have to make him up.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

DeterminedJuliet

Huckabee's response to the "It Gets Betters" project is to encourage others to "Make it Worse". Quelle surprise.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

atheist72

Quote from: Recusant on October 12, 2015, 06:49:39 PM
"Mike Huckabee: Boycott Rainbow Doritos! But Chick-Fil-A Boycott Was 'Economic Terrorism'" | Right Wing Watch

QuoteBack in 2012, Mike Huckabee came to Chick-fil-A's defense after the restaurant chain faced criticism for its founder's anti-gay statements and for donations the company's foundation had made to anti-gay groups. Huckabee organized a "Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day" in an attempt to block what he described as "economic terrorism" targeting the company. On his Fox News show, he said he would never call for a boycott of Starbucks, Apple or Amazon even though he disagrees with their leaders' politics.

Huckabee, however, seems to have changed his tune on culture-war boycotts. Time reports that Huckabee has "called on Christians to boycott all snacks made by" Frito Lay after it released limited edition Rainbow Doritos to benefit the anti-bullying It Gets Better Project. Huckabee had demanded that the group apologize and cut its ties with Dan Savage, who founded the anti-bullying group.

[Continues . . .]

Nothing really surprising about this hypocrisy. It's pretty much SOP for Christian Warriors like Mike "threat to your religious freedom" Huckabee. Still, worth a dry smirk, or at least an eye-roll.

Let's not forget that he's quite popular in some circles and has millions of viewers on Fox News.  It wouldn't shock me to see him as the VP candidate for the Repugs.
Atheist Vegan.<br /><br />Author of books addressing health, diet, environment, religion and related issues.

Biggus Dickus

I'm not sure Fuckface I mean Mr. Huckabee would be chosen to run as VP, as he seemed to put his entire leg in his mouth last night tweeting during the debate.

I just don't think the GOP will take a chance with him on the main ticket as he tends to alienate too many people.

Fuckface on Twitter.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Icarus

If you dig through that web site you come to a guy named Theodore Shoebat. He is a nice looking, reasonably articulate, young man who is waaaaay out in right field. He claims that gay people should be put to death if they fail to accept Christianity, Obama is the actual Satan incarnate....and other crazy shit.