News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Re: Football season 2014/2015 All leagues.

Started by Biggus Dickus, December 14, 2014, 01:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Bruno on December 13, 2014, 05:33:28 PM
Quote from: Crow link=topic=13328.msg297942#msg297942 I'llate=1418451354
Its Manchester United vs Liverpool this Sunday and even though they have both been very mediocre teams this season this will be a big game for both of them alongside the typical rivalry. United will win.
Man U. has too many injuries. . Liverpool will win. Game on tomorrow at 0830 In the morning here and I plan to watch my lads from Liverpool win while eating my breakfast.
Care to wager Crow?

Well fuck Rooney...and Valencia.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Bruno on December 14, 2014, 01:59:51 PM
Quote from: Bruno on December 13, 2014, 05:33:28 PM
Quote from: Crow link=topic=13328.msg297942#msg297942 I'llate=1418451354
Its Manchester United vs Liverpool this Sunday and even though they have both been very mediocre teams this season this will be a big game for both of them alongside the typical rivalry. United will win.
Man U. has too many injuries. . Liverpool will win. Game on tomorrow at 0830 In the morning here and I plan to watch my lads from Liverpool win while eating my breakfast.
Care to wager Crow?

Well fuck Rooney...and Valencia.

Offside goal...not surprisingly seeing as it's at Trafford. BS

Crow

Damn! I should have made a wager. Second goal was bullshit but United have been much better so far, hopefully Balotelli will make things more interesting, he usually does against United.
Retired member.

Claireliontamer

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Crow on December 14, 2014, 02:33:52 PM
Damn! I should have made a wager. Second goal was bullshit but United have been much better so far, hopefully Balotelli will make things more interesting, he usually does against United.

I was going to suggest our regular wager Crow with the winner getting to pick Claire's avatar.

Crow

Champions league last 16 draw is some bullshit! Barcalona again! That is two years in a row that the group stages and last 16 have been the same for City. Would probably have to play them anyway but FFS it is just the same as last year.
Retired member.

Crow

Champions league round of 16. My guess to the winner:

Chelsea v Paris Saint-Germain: Both teams are improved from last year and both are good but Chelsea look a step above PSG.

Barcelona v Manchester City: I want to say City out of bias, both are good teams and an on form fully fit City could take on Barcelona best team but it all depends on the nights and Bracelona have more experience and more confidence going into the games. However this is the team that City need to beat if they want to progress and get respect, they also come up with surprise victories time and time again and are capable but the logical answer is Barcelona, plus I have a feeling this is where Suarez will finally come into form.

Arsenal v Monaco: Arsenal in theory should have this in the bag as Monaco are still a developing team and only starting to get a sniff of the champions league, however Arsenal should be winning most of their PL matches and they certainly aren't managing to do that.

Real Madrid v Schalke: If Real Madrid lose this then I will be shocked.

Bayern Munich v Shakhtar Donetsk: Shakhtar are ok and are a fierce competition but Bayern are just so much better and even though Shakhtar wont be a walk over they should win both games with relative ease, and even though Bayerns fans are pretty much total cunts due to their unchallenged supremacy in the Bundesliga I cant help but hope they will win as their style of football is just too damn good.

Borussia Dortmund v Juventus: As Dortmund are doing shit in the Bundesliga Klopp is going to make this his primary objective, Juventus has never really performed in the CL and Dortmund have always done quite well. I wouldn't be surprised if Klopp is the new Liverpool manager next season.

Atl?tico Madrid v Bayer Leverkusen: This will be the best game, two interesting managers, two interesting teams Leverkusen might just be the favourites but I like Madrid more even though Costa moved to Chelsea and their replacement striker isn't anyway near as interesting.

Porto v Basel: don't really know much about these two teams except they both seem to produce good talent that gets snapped up by the bigger clubs but looking at the teams Porto looks the best.

---

In other news I am sick of pundits talking about Manchester United having a shot at the PL title after they beat Liverpool. Liverpool are a shell of themselves after last year and have spunked the money from Suarez up the wall, they played awful yet gave United a shit load of problems and if it wasn't for De Gea Liverpool would have been level, if not won. They aren't even close to the level of City and they have been out of form nearly all season and missing most of their important players and Chelsea are looking better than City. City have an easy festive period (even though they have no striker) and all the players should be coming back when the fixtures bet slightly tougher again and Chelsea are going to have just an easy of a time. United haven't got a chance unless those two teams royally fuck up and that requires both teams to fuck up. Not a chance. Though I do hope the rumours about them buying Bale are true as that will leave Real Madrid to target Hazard who is in my opinion is the best player in the PL at the moment and him leaving Chelsea would massively weaken them.
Retired member.

Tom62

^I fully agree with your analysis. Porto should win from Basel and I do hope that Bayern M?nchen looses from Shakhtar (if only to piss-off my wife's family, who are Bayern M?nchen fans.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Crow

Just watched the Manchester City vs Crystal Palace then now watching Manchester United vs Aston Villa and the difference between the two Manchester sides in skill level is phenomenal. If the traditional top 4 challengers had been playing well this season there is no way United would be in the 3rd spot at the moment, Van Gal is very lucky in how the other teams are performing otherwise there would be a very different tone coming out from the fans.
Retired member.

Claireliontamer

I think you're right Crow, I didn't see the game but Uniteds of old would have beaten a 10 man Villa. 

Crow

Quote from: Claireliontamer on December 20, 2014, 05:19:18 PM
I think you're right Crow, I didn't see the game but Uniteds of old would have beaten a 10 man Villa. 

They would have also played until the last second as the other side are ready for the game to be over but Villa were on the attack and very unlucky not to get a goal towards the end.

Now Manchester City with no strikers were fantastic and want to see those tactics used against a quality team, so much more fun to watch playing fluid creative football from end to end with every player showing what they are capable of. Sometimes having players that are suppose to do a specific job hinders what the rest of the team can do. City have shown glimpses of what they are capable of in the past but never so consistently and they looked like they could do a lot more. If they can capture the playing style of today (which wasn't too dissimilar than what you see with a Guardiola team) whilst managing to incorporate their strikers and be more fluid with their formation they would very quickly become one of the best teams in the world.
Retired member.

Biggus Dickus

Crow I liked your Champions League analysis below for the round 16 draw :)

I have lots of stuff to do tomorrow so I only have time to watch one game, so I need to decide which of the following to watch:

• Newcastle v Sunderland
  • Liverpool v Arsenal

I think Newcastle is going to win against Sunderland, not sure though if Liverpool can win this one against Arsenal, and after loosing last week against those bastards from Manchester I'm not sure I feel like watching them, but this will probably be the better match out of the two; however, the Newcastle game is on earlier.

Decisions, decisions, decisions...
So my picks for these two tomorrow are Newcastle and Arsenal, anyone interested in a wager?

Also have wanted to ask, is Fantasy Football big there in the UK? Here in the US Fantasy Football (American) is huge, and in my opinion getting to be annoying.

Crow

Quote from: Bruno on December 20, 2014, 07:21:04 PM
Crow I liked your Champions League analysis below for the round 16 draw :)

I have lots of stuff to do tomorrow so I only have time to watch one game, so I need to decide which of the following to watch:

• Newcastle v Sunderland
  • Liverpool v Arsenal

I think Newcastle is going to win against Sunderland, not sure though if Liverpool can win this one against Arsenal, and after loosing last week against those bastards from Manchester I'm not sure I feel like watching them, but this will probably be the better match out of the two; however, the Newcastle game is on earlier.

Decisions, decisions, decisions...
So my picks for these two tomorrow are Newcastle and Arsenal, anyone interested in a wager?

Also have wanted to ask, is Fantasy Football big there in the UK? Here in the US Fantasy Football (American) is huge, and in my opinion getting to be annoying.

I'd go for the Arsenal vs Liverpool game, it could be quite interesting. Should basically see if the defensive failings are either down to Rogers or problematic of the squad as a whole (which is still really Rodgers fault anyway). Also Arsenal when they play well put together some really nice football and is great to watch, Arsenal are a strange team they have some fantastic players but they have never really been able to keep the quality of play consistent.

On a side note how the fuck hasn't Yannick Bolasie been picked up by the big clubs. He is fantastic. I know he comes from an African country which means he will bugger off every two years but damn he is far too good not to be signed.
Retired member.

Crow

Retired member.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Crow on December 21, 2014, 05:58:18 PM
You watch the Liverpool game Bruno?

I have it taped Crow, going to watch it later this afternoon so no spoilers please ;D. (I'm off work until the 5th, but needed to get some things done this morning, so I've been working)