News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Sex (Yet another split topic)

Started by Court, July 26, 2006, 09:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Court

Quote from: "onlyme"When I said 'your woman' I'm merely trying to reflect society in general, to cater for both parties, both men and women.  As I said before, in my experience from talking to women, they DO like a strong man who is able to protect and defend them.  Maybe this doesn't apply to the 'modern' woman, I don't know.

Women.  Strange creatures.  Just when we think we are on the brink of trying to understand them, they move the goalposts.  

I don't claim to speak on behalf of women.   In contrast, I welcome input from women, who can enlighten me as to what women really do expect from men in this day and age.

Explain it away all you want, onlyme. If you would not think of women as a different species, you'd understand them better.
[size=92]
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of silent seas
[/size]
[size=92]
try having a little faith = stop using your brain for a while -- ziffel[/size]

Asmodean Prime

iplaw

exactly

Look, mate, if you want to email me or PM me, you can click on my profile and find the information there to contact me.  I don't think that anyone on an atheist forum would object to that, do you, unless ?

Anyway- my personal email address is stephenhwrth@yahoo.co.uk.    If you wish to contact me, I tell you I will be pleased to hear from you, and swap ideas.

Whitney

Quote from: "Court"
Quote from: "MommaSquid"Maybe we should split this topic again.
Probably, but I'm running out of ideas for titles...

I told my boyfriend that I was told I have a mechanical, unpleasant position on relationships and he laughed. :D
Usually, I get labeled cynical and bitter, so I don't find it too unsurprising, I guess.

Split:

http://www.happyatheistforum.com/fpost2170.html#2170

ImpaledSkier

Quote from: "JNTB"I love the "unpure thoughts" argument in which our thoughts are sinful. We are not in control of our thoughts, only our actions. Hang with me on this one ... if we were in control of our thoughts, wouldn't we have to think about the subject we wanted to control? Wouldn't we have to systematically examine every thought and determine its purity and then discard the unpure thoughts and maintain the pure thoughts? Wouldn't that require us to think about the subject, which itself is unpure. So, logically, it is absolutely impossible to avoid impure thought.
quote]

the thoughts about our thoughts might not be pure, which means the thoughts we have about the thoughts about our thoughts might also be impure...deep...
"Heaven's not a place that you go when you die, it's that moment in life when you actually feel alive. So live for the moment." -The Spill Canvas

rubbersoul

and why, if everything "God" made is good then are some aspects of it bad,  I mean wouldn' that be an oxymoron?

Whitney