Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Doesn't fit under any other thread image dump

Started by Tank, February 03, 2014, 08:45:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on December 14, 2017, 03:41:34 AM
Quote from: Essie Mae on December 10, 2017, 10:37:17 AM
So there we all were, walking along the shore this morning, in 30 deg heat (sorry for the snow my fellow Brits), and gentle breeze, everyone relaxed and happy when a husband and wife team set up stall and telling us all about how we are going to die twice and end up in eternal torment. Why?????

Wait a minute -- die twice?  Is this some new twist to the nuttery?

It's straight from the Bible, albeit the batshit crazy part of the New Testament:

QuoteThen I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

Revelation 20:11-15
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Icarus

^ A scholarly clarification as is your usual wisdom Rec. 

Nutter stuff in the good book is not to be taken as literal truth....no matter what the Southern Baptists and  Pentecostals claim.

Dave

One for Silver - just to pass on of course . . .

:grin:
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Biggus Dickus

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Biggus Dickus

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

xSilverPhinx

Dave

xSilverPhinx

Sandra Craft

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Magdalena

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on January 01, 2018, 08:03:12 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 01, 2018, 07:11:53 PM

This isn't true -- they'll make me go "ooohhhh, pretty" when I look up at them.
^^^
True.

Also...

"The position of the stars and planets will not affect your life in any way, shape, or form, whatsoever."
~Said the grumpy guy who was born beneath an angry star.

:grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Just out of curiosity I read my horoscope:  >:(

Capricorn 2018 Horoscope: Your Astrology Forecast
QuoteLOVE & RELATIONSHIPS
Romance with a twist? Unconventional Uranus will start an eight-year journey through your passionate fifth house this May, sparking desires that might surprise even you. A pregnancy is possible. Coupled? Monogamy doesn't need to equal monotony, and experimental Uranus could get the fires burning for longtime couples, too...

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dave

Quote from: Magdalena on January 02, 2018, 06:08:45 AM

Romance with a twist? Unconventional Uranus will start an eight-year journey through your passionate fifth house this May, sparking desires that might surprise even you. A pregnancy is possible. Coupled? Monogamy doesn't need to equal monotony, and experimental Uranus could get the fires burning for longtime couples, too...

Sounds like you better watch Uranus!

Magdalena

Quote from: Dave on January 02, 2018, 06:36:33 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on January 02, 2018, 06:08:45 AM

Sounds like you better watch Uranus!

I know!  :shocked:
A "pregnancy is possible" thanks to Unconventional and Experimental Uranus?  :unsure:

xSilverPhinx