Doesn't fit under any other thread image dump

Started by Tank, February 03, 2014, 08:45:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claireliontamer

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on July 13, 2017, 10:57:46 AM
Quote from: Arturo on July 13, 2017, 09:44:50 AM

All my Dad's friends are dead because they drank. Lot's of our family is dead, because they drank. What should I drink when I die?

Drinking is like eating doughnuts.  Eating one doughnut will not make you fat, even eating one doughnut a day will not make you fat.  Eating a dozen doughnuts a day, that's what's going to make you fat . . . and probably kill you.

Except eating doughnuts doesn't cause you to lose your inhibitions, become abusive and neglect your children.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Claireliontamer on July 13, 2017, 12:07:05 PM

All my Dad's friends are dead because they drank. Lot's of our family is dead, because they drank. What should I drink when I die?

Drinking is like eating doughnuts.  Eating one doughnut will not make you fat, even eating one doughnut a day will not make you fat.  Eating a dozen doughnuts a day, that's what's going to make you fat . . . and probably kill you.

Except eating doughnuts doesn't cause you to lose your inhibitions, become abusive and neglect your children.

That's sadly very true Claire, however. I've recently been watching the show " My 600-lb Life" and was quite surprised at how devastating an impact morbid obesity can have on not only the victims lives, but their family members as well.
Some of the stories are quite sad, and I was again surprised to discover how much the addiction to food, the effects of said addiction mirror that of an alcoholic of which I'm somewhat familiar.

The key is of course moderation in anything....
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Father Bruno on July 13, 2017, 01:47:22 PM

That's sadly very true Claire, however. I've recently been watching the show " My 600-lb Life" and was quite surprised at how devastating an impact morbid obesity can have on not only the victims lives, but their family members as well.
Some of the stories are quite sad, and I was again surprised to discover how much the addiction to food, the effects of said addiction mirror that of an alcoholic of which I'm somewhat familiar.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Claireliontamer on July 13, 2017, 02:36:54 PM

I think I'm just bitter as I was brought up by an alcoholic mother and it still impacts me now.

Understandable, and I'll take a parent struggling with food addiction over an alcoholic anytime...sorry you're still struggling with that Claire.

Sandra Craft

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Magdalena

Fuck.  :sadcheer:

Now I'm getting a bottle of wine--and a box of doughnuts.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Magdalena on July 13, 2017, 10:38:25 PM

According to Jay McInerney, late harvest zinfandel pairs well with chocolate doughnuts.
Sandy

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on July 13, 2017, 11:09:50 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on July 13, 2017, 10:38:25 PM

According to Jay McInerney, late harvest zinfandel pairs well with chocolate doughnuts.
I don't know who, Jay McInerney is, but...

~Thank you.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Arturo

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 14, 2017, 12:16:26 AM

I kind of get it since I am somewhat familar with electrical work and schematics. However I don't remember much for it to form past an emotion and into a thought. All I see in the second picture is a short circut.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Arturo

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on July 13, 2017, 05:42:50 PM

That was my point.

I think people look at it in the wrong way. Moderation seems like a narrow view of the whole thing, to me. I could be wrong, I just don't like hearing people say it all the time because it gets in our heads and hypnotizes us.

Some foods are good in certain circumstances, which of course moderation would be good here. However, eating anything will change your body and brain chemistry. So anything you eat brings a new set of circumstances with it. So just keeping on top of how you feel and how you measure will help guide you to where you want to be as long as you have it in mind.

However some things should just be avoided all together. Like rat poison, or stinky butthole. I'm not a drinker, I don't like drinking, but I know I can't stop people from drinking, they have to do that themselves. If they are capable however, some personality/mental conditions (which are irreversible) potentiate certain "choices" in life which they will never get out of as long as they have those personality/mental conditions.

I hope none of that last paragraph offended anybody.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

Quote from: Arturo on July 14, 2017, 02:56:41 AM
...However some things should just be avoided all together. Like rat poison, or stinky butthole. I'm not a drinker, I don't like drinking, but I know I can't stop people from drinking, they have to do that themselves...

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Magdalena on July 14, 2017, 04:06:57 AM

I saw this movie for the first time just a few weeks ago.  Feel embarrassed that I missed it for so long.
Sandy

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on July 14, 2017, 09:24:30 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on July 14, 2017, 04:06:57 AM

I saw this movie for the first time just a few weeks ago.  Feel embarrassed that I missed it for so long.

Same with me, had only seen bits and pieces here and there including gifs from Mags and Davin ;D, but I just watched that during the 4th of July week (I was off)

Not a bad movie...not at all.

Claireliontamer