News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Re: Joe's Dump (my new blog ;-)

Started by joeactor, February 03, 2014, 02:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

joeactor

Quote from: Apathy on January 16, 2017, 10:36:48 PM
That was a very kind post :D

It does take some guts to get inked. I'm not there, but with the right design, who knows!

joeactor

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: joeactor on January 23, 2017, 02:46:03 PM
Needles and Herbs: My experience with Acupuncture...
http://www.joesdump.com/2017/01/23/needles-and-herbs/

Joe, I was hoping there would be some video attached, something with you flat on your stomach with needles protruding from your back, or at least some similar pictures, I'm bummed.

I also think you gave up too early, butt with the communication issues you were having I don't blame you. I think if I was going to try something along the lines of alternative medicine I would want to be able to directly communicate with whomever is sticking such things into me, so at least out of all of your discomfort we have learned that lesson:)

One of my co-workers had acupuncture treatment for shoulder pain she was experiencing, I believe the treatment was between 4-6 weeks. She believes it helped her, butt I'm still skeptical for several reasons. One, the shoulder she was experiencing trouble with is the same arm she would use to carry in both her purse and computer bag into and out of the office everyday. When the pain became too much she switched to a wheeled device, sort of like a carryon that she can pull behind her.
She still uses this to this day, and I believe it was the way she carried her computer bag that caused the problem in the first place, plus she stopped a weight training program she was following for sometime and switched to yoga and pilates.

She still has some discomfort in the shoulder, but her range of motion has increased quite a bit from when it was at it's worse and she began the acupuncture.
Honestly I believe the acupuncture had nothing to do with the improvement in her shoulder, but rather the other adjustments she made.
Oddly enough she still hasn't seen a doctor about it, which I find completely irrational. I mean it is one thing to go to a doctor, have them diagnose you for an issue and then prescribe treatment such as physical therapy which maybe doesn't work, and rather than attempt surgery you search out some alternative treatments in hope they will help in order to avoid surgery.

Some years ago I tore my MCL playing soccer, and the sports doctor I saw for diagnoses and treatment suggested the tear was minor enough to heal on it's own without surgery, but only if I participated in therapy, wore a brace for 5-6 months, discontinued jogging by switching to walking and using an elliptical machine rather than a treadmill.
This worked, the knee completely healed and no surgery was required.

I would like to try acupuncture sometime, just to see what it is like,...probably find an english speaking practitioner though. 8)

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

joeactor

Quote from: Father Bruno on January 24, 2017, 02:53:11 PM
Quote from: joeactor on January 23, 2017, 02:46:03 PM
Needles and Herbs: My experience with Acupuncture...
http://www.joesdump.com/2017/01/23/needles-and-herbs/

Joe, I was hoping there would be some video attached, something with you flat on your stomach with needles protruding from your back, or at least some similar pictures, I'm bummed.

I also think you gave up too early, butt with the communication issues you were having I don't blame you. I think if I was going to try something along the lines of alternative medicine I would want to be able to directly communicate with whomever is sticking such things into me, so at least out of all of your discomfort we have learned that lesson:)

I would like to try acupuncture sometime, just to see what it is like,...probably find an english speaking practitioner though. 8)

Agreed on all counts. It was in part a communication issue. And I could have done more to research the practitioner beforehand as well. Live and learn.

xSilverPhinx

QuoteI stopped taking the herbs for the same reasons. No noticeable effects. Plus, I had no idea what was in them.

This is why I'm not into alternative medicine. There are many more variables compared to conventional medicine in which active ingredients are isolated and their effect on biological systems have undergone some testing in both controlled and non-controlled conditions.

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

joeactor

Music Trivia and a brand new Music Page up at Joe's Dump!

Happy "Music Monday"!!!

http://www.joesdump.com/2017/01/30/music-monday/

Recusant

Thanks for the Mike Sammes reference. I hadn't heard of him, but you're right, he did some impressive work.  :thumbsup:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

joeactor

Quote from: Recusant on January 31, 2017, 06:30:50 AM
Thanks for the Mike Sammes reference. I hadn't heard of him, but you're right, he did some impressive work.  :thumbsup:

Yeah - he was new to me as well, but I've certainly enjoyed much of his works...

joeactor

If you've listened to any of the Henderson episodes, maybe you've wondered what he looks like in real life.

I know I did, so here's VHP: Virtual Henderson Project:
http://www.joesdump.com/2017/02/06/vhp-virtual-henderson-project/

Davin

Haha, great work.

I like poser, it does a good job with generating textured meshes. Though I think that once they are generated, you're better off exporting to Maya (expensive) or Blender (free) to pose and/or animate. It takes a little more work up front, but I think it saves time in the long run.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

joeactor

Quote from: Davin on February 06, 2017, 03:07:05 PM
Haha, great work.

I like poser, it does a good job with generating textured meshes. Though I think that once they are generated, you're better off exporting to Maya (expensive) or Blender (free) to pose and/or animate. It takes a little more work up front, but I think it saves time in the long run.

Agreed (from my limited knowledge). Really wish it was speedier on the animation rendering. I guess I can export the model to my other animation software, but I'm not sure it will retain mobility. Might just be a static object.

Thanks for the kudos!

At some point I'll get up the nerve to try Blender or Maya. They seem to be the industry standards.

joeactor

Ever wonder who you've worked with in the entertainment biz?
If you're listed on IMdB, the Oracle of Bacon can tell you that and much more.
Read on at Joe's Dump!

http://www.joesdump.com/2017/02/13/bacon-and-you/

Recusant

I'd guess that some programmer/IT worker at IMdB is trying to make sure they keep their job. This is clever enough that they should be safe for now.  :)
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

joeactor

Quote from: Recusant on February 14, 2017, 03:32:53 PM
I'd guess that some programmer/IT worker at IMdB is trying to make sure they keep their job. This is clever enough that they should be safe for now.  :)

Must be a back-end interface to the db...