Re: Joe's Dump (my new blog ;-)

Started by joeactor, February 03, 2014, 02:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeactor

Quote from: Magdalena on December 05, 2016, 04:50:56 PM
^^^
That's great, joeactor:lol:

Thanks!

also my first time doing 3-part harmony ;-)

Recusant

Quote from: joeactor on December 05, 2016, 07:57:46 PM. . . my first time doing 3-part harmony ;-)

Impressive for a first effort. I've always had trouble singing harmony--much easier on an instrument, at least for me.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

joeactor

Quote from: Recusant on December 05, 2016, 08:27:32 PM
Quote from: joeactor on December 05, 2016, 07:57:46 PM. . . my first time doing 3-part harmony ;-)

Impressive for a first effort. I've always had trouble singing harmony--much easier on an instrument, at least for me.

I found a video with the parts on YouTube. The hardest part for me is hearing the parts once they're already mixed.

At least with an instrument you can play the part. Gotta learn to play something some day!

Have you posted any of your music, Rec?
Would love to hear...

Recusant

I've never made any recordings, and don't play much anymore. I should get back into it.  :)
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

joeactor

Quote from: Recusant on December 05, 2016, 11:58:52 PM
I've never made any recordings, and don't play much anymore. I should get back into it.  :)

It's a great creative outlet, imho.

xSilverPhinx

:tellmemore: You know, blowing leaves with that  huge hairdryer awful machine does look like fun, though.

:P

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

joeactor

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 06, 2016, 01:15:25 AM
:tellmemore: You know, blowing leaves with that  huge hairdryer awful machine does look like fun, though.

:P

Squidward?

joeactor

joeactor

Innovation and hard work don't always lead to lasting success...

The stories of Pebble and Palm:
http://www.joesdump.com/2016/12/19/pebble-and-palm/

Davin

It seems like the economy is too volatile right now and getting worse. Success from nothing nowadays requires a lot of risk, which means that it's near impossible to become a stable company from scratch. Back when the economy was more fluid, when it wasn't so top heavy, new companies could suffer a few mistakes and failed risks. But now, new companies have to play a near perfect game just to keep afloat.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

joeactor

Quote from: Davin on December 20, 2016, 02:32:38 PM
It seems like the economy is too volatile right now and getting worse. Success from nothing nowadays requires a lot of risk, which means that it's near impossible to become a stable company from scratch. Back when the economy was more fluid, when it wasn't so top heavy, new companies could suffer a few mistakes and failed risks. But now, new companies have to play a near perfect game just to keep afloat.

True... A shame so many good ideas get buried.

Arturo

At first I thought this was another joke post. But then as I read I started to get a hold that this was serious. Pebble is a good name for a company, it's too bad they went under.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

joeactor

Quote from: Apathy on December 20, 2016, 07:40:32 PM
At first I thought this was another joke post. But then as I read I started to get a hold that this was serious. Pebble is a good name for a company, it's too bad they went under.

The watch has a lot going for it. Features you can't find in other smartwatches. I'll keep mine until it dies or the lack of updates bricks it.

Davin

It's a great watch, and I will miss mine when they fail. I'm hoping that another watch close to as good as it pops up since I don't see any out there currently that I think are as good.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

joeactor

Quote from: Davin on December 21, 2016, 02:19:50 PM
It's a great watch, and I will miss mine when they fail. I'm hoping that another watch close to as good as it pops up since I don't see any out there currently that I think are as good.

Same here... hoping that Fitbit makes a new smartwatch and at least pulls over Pebble's apps and watch faces.