News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Re: Joe's Dump (my new blog ;-)

Started by joeactor, February 03, 2014, 02:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeactor

What do you do when you're not doing what you do?
Here's a few of the things on my to-do list...

http://www.joesdump.com/2016/06/27/whats-up-joe/

Recusant

QuoteCaring for our elderly cat, Nez

Anything out of the ordinary?
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

joeactor

Quote from: Recusant on June 27, 2016, 07:19:17 PM
QuoteCaring for our elderly cat, Nez

Anything out of the ordinary?

She's got recurring inflammatory bowel. We were able to narrow it down partially to food (no chicken or fish or greenies - just a special blend of venison and peas). But she still has bouts. Then we put her on Pepcid and Cerenia, sometimes with steroids. Not fun.

She's quite a sensitive kitty. Shelter cat. Hid for the first 3 months, and still only trusts my wife and I.

Recusant

Ouch. Having done subcutaneous fluids for an old cat with problem kidneys, I can sympathize with that sort of thing.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

joeactor

Quote from: Recusant on June 27, 2016, 08:04:52 PM
Ouch. Having done subcutaneous fluids for an old cat with problem kidneys, I can sympathize with that sort of thing.

Yes - not fun, but she's a cutie... worth all the bother ;-)

joeactor

Independence Day: some quotes from our past... as a guide toward our future.

http://www.joesdump.com/2016/07/04/monumental-independence/

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

joeactor

Quote from: Davin on July 06, 2016, 05:19:05 PM
Those are great quotes.

I found it interesting how many I either hadn't heard, or only heard a portion of.
Context can be important too...

Davin

Quote from: joeactor on July 06, 2016, 06:13:16 PM
Quote from: Davin on July 06, 2016, 05:19:05 PM
Those are great quotes.

I found it interesting how many I either hadn't heard, or only heard a portion of.
Context can be important too...
I think that context is at least as important as the quote.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

joeactor

Recusant

Very respectable guns on that feller.  :sidesmile:
— H. L. Mencken

joeactor

joeactor

EVIL never sleeps! (but sometimes it rests its eyes for a bit)
Here's my new Sizzle Reel for "Live! from E.V.I.L. (Evil Villain Island Lair)

joeactor

A poetic tribute to my blog, along with some links to favorite posts:
http://www.joesdump.com/2016/07/25/ode-to-a-dump/

Magdalena

joeactor, you're such a multitalented young man.  :tellmemore:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant