Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

man i'm angry

Started by Ezequiel Medvietzky, February 08, 2008, 11:57:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ezequiel Medvietzky

listen up because what I'm gonna tell you is stupefying:
In my school we have to learn the history of the jewish people in every topic,
for example if we are studying about the spanish civil war we also have to learn about the jewish situation in spain.
the first history topic we had this year was the American great depression, and the class revolved around the jewish life at that time in america, the next topic we jumped to was the holocaust, a very important part of my people's history and I'm ok with it taking about 3 months of study (I forgot to mention that it took us about 2 months to study the great depression) but today we got to WWII, the topic I've been waiting for years, the most interesting piece of history in the past millennium, THE MOTHER OF ALL WARS! and we also finished studying it today, ONE AND A HALF HOUR it took us to finish the topic, a war that I've been studying solo since I was 10 years old.

I'm ashamed for this, I just couldn't believe it, just because it doesn't involve the jews directly.

I'm pissed off, seriously.

again I'm sorry for my english...

JebusKryst

Speak to the headteacher and let him know your gripe. If you dont get a serious answer, ask to see a copy of the curriculum and check if your school is pushing the "Jewish" thing too much. If thats the case, get your parents involved.

If you're attending a Jewish school, then I suppose your screwed - maybe time to move and find a school that doesnt have a hidden agenda....

Ezequiel Medvietzky

well that's the problem, I'm jewish, and this state is jewish, there are no non-jewish schools here, except for for those christian schools in jerusalem...

Sophie

Ezequiel, that's terribly disappointing, I'm sure.  :)

Your English is good!  :)
Theology is never any help; it is searching in a dark cellar at midnight for a black cat that isn't there.  -- Robert A Heinlein, Job: A Comedy of Justice

Ezequiel Medvietzky

LOL thanks!

tacoma_kyle

That pretty much sucks. Planing on getting out of the country in a few years or staying?
Me, my projects and random pictures, haha.

http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o22/tacoma_kyle/

"Tom you gotta come out of the closet, oh my gawd!" lol

Beefcake

Dude it sucks, i know.
They should definnetly put more time into "world history" and less on the jewish part- people are beginning to think there was only a holocaust but no WORLD WAR.
But the reason to this is quite understandable, since people tend to be interested more in world history and read about those topics later in life.
You've got to understand that the main point of history lessons (in Israel) is to make sure the horrors the jewish people had to deal with for 2,000 years are not forggoten. This is why we are here today, and if we forget that, we are good as dead.
Just keep that in mind.

MommaSquid

Ezequiel, when you get old (like me!) you will realize that no matter what they taught you in school, it's never enough.  Keep pursuing your own studies.

rickymooston

Quote from: "Ezequiel Medvietzky"listen up because what I'm gonna tell you is stupefying:
In my school we have to learn the history of the jewish people in every topic,
for example if we are studying about the spanish civil war we also have to learn about the jewish situation in spain....
I'm ashamed for this, I just couldn't believe it, just because it doesn't involve the jews directly.I'm pissed off, seriously.again I'm sorry for my english...

The moose decides to take devils advocate position. In many countries, Jewish people have been a rather successful minority (simular to chinese and tamals) ... Perhaps, the course has something to say. I gonna guess you DNA is jewish, ...

Lets take the Spanish civil war for instance. Several famous communists were jewish and jews (like the other minorities mentioned in other societies) have been associated with the intellectual elite. Some on the side of Franco, may have used the "opportunity" to kill a few of them or make their lives miserable.

Remember Franco was backed by the GERMANS!!! The same germans that killed 6 million people for being jewish.

Just a thought from the moose. Take the course, don't "fight" it,
try to be objective about the hypothesis.

It might be slanted but be objective before you get to that conclusion.

Kona

Well, hey, it is a Jewish state, so expect the academics to slant that way.  However, I just want you to know that maybe your professor will be touched by the Noodly Appendage.  

rAmen
Fight Global Warming......Save a Pirate!

Ezequiel Medvietzky

Quote from: "Beefcake"Dude it sucks, i know.
They should definnetly put more time into "world history" and less on the jewish part- people are beginning to think there was only a holocaust but no WORLD WAR.
But the reason to this is quite understandable, since people tend to be interested more in world history and read about those topics later in life.
You've got to understand that the main point of history lessons (in Israel) is to make sure the horrors the jewish people had to deal with for 2,000 years are not forggoten. This is why we are here today, and if we forget that, we are good as dead.
Just keep that in mind.

listen, I'm ok with the holocaust part of the curriculum, even better, I like it very much, but remember there were other subjects before that that were almost useless and really not as important as the second world war...

rickymooston

Quote from: "Ezequiel Medvietzky"
Quote from: "Beefcake"Dude it sucks, i know.
Just keep that in mind.

listen, I'm ok with the holocaust part of the curriculum, even better, I like it very much, but remember there were other subjects before that that were almost useless and really not as important as the second world war...

School is generally useless. Secret!!!

The ability to THINK is useful. You will forget most of what you learn in school.

Most Jews have lived as part of a minority wherever they were for generations. THey were persecuted alot and probably had to adapt to lots of changing polticts. When you are a minority, you have to be more careful not to get targeted in the     conflict.

In essence, I can see some value in such a course to understand your heritage, unless you are minority actually from Israel over generations?

Hope your curiculum is balanced later. :D

Guess you are unlkely to get taught an objective treatment of the palestinian view? Would you?

Ezequiel Medvietzky

not a chance, but to be honest I really don't care...

heavenandhell

At the end of the day..school is essentially a waste of time.. You learn what you need and forget the rest.  

Continue with your own personal studies and ignore the rest. Soon enough you will be out of there and able to move on with your own life.
Heaven

Sophie

I disagree in general with the "school is a waste of time" thing - for those of us with dysfunctional families (abuse, neglect, serious stuff not just whining), school served as a safe place where teachers cared about us (for the most part) and we had a chance to feel like we could achieve something, could learn how to ask for help, could walk on equal ground with the other kids whose parents came to every school function, etc...  Just my personal opinion, but I think school serves an important purpose.  The stuff I learned in English, literature, biology, and math, served as a great basis for college and my adult life.

So there!  :)
Theology is never any help; it is searching in a dark cellar at midnight for a black cat that isn't there.  -- Robert A Heinlein, Job: A Comedy of Justice