News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Election: Thompson drops out!

Started by rlrose328, January 23, 2008, 04:13:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rlrose328

Woohoo!!!  Fred Thompson dropped out of the race and I'm tickled.  I've run into no fewer than 10 people in the past two weeks who were supporting him and that scared me to the core of my being.  I'm very thankful that he saw fit to drop out.  

:D
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

SteveS

Now if only Huckabee would quit too.....  :wink:

Will

Time for the old red truck to drive home.
Quote from: "SteveS"Now if only Huckabee would quit too.....
Now if only Huckabee would come out of the closet.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

kimmance

QuoteNow if only Huckabee would quit too.....

Now if only Huckabee would come out of the closet.

But Huckabee would provide months of ridicule enjoyment... So much material.  :lol:
“It ain’t those parts of the Bible I can’t understand that bother me, it is the parts that I do understand.”  ~ Mark Twain

http://www.religiarchy.com

SteveS

Quote from: "Willravel"Now if only Huckabee would come out of the closet.
:lol:

MommaSquid

I want Mitt Romney to drop out of the race.  Damn Mormons keep putting up signs for him...just litter if you ask me.

As for Huckabee, I wouldn't be able to identify him in a lineup.   :monk:

SteveS

I don't know that much about Romney.  I did hear his answer on church/state separation and it sounded good - but you have to decide whether or not you really believe him.  He has a very strong motivation for taking this stance - if he didn't, then all the non-Mormon religious voters would not consider him.  So, its the only practical strategy that he can adopt.  Or so it seems to me, anyway.

MommaSquid

Quote from: "MommaSquid"I want Mitt Romney to drop out of the race.  

Hey, I got my wish!  But he's making like he's a big freakin hero for dropping out of the race, so that killed my buzz.  

Linkage:
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jWbI ... wD8ULMT880

Court

I have to say, I'm more frightened of the Ron Paul cult than anything else.

Also, Huckabee will likely stay in the race until he is dragged out, kicking and screaming.
[size=92]
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of silent seas
[/size]
[size=92]
try having a little faith = stop using your brain for a while -- ziffel[/size]

MommaSquid

Quote from: "Court"I have to say, I'm more frightened of the Ron Paul cult than anything else.

I voted for Ron Paul in our recent primary.  I don't agree with everything he says, but I like his stance on the IRS and several other issues.  He won't win but I can not in good conscience vote for any of the other candidates.