News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anne D.

Quote from: Dark Lightning on February 25, 2022, 01:40:24 AM
I'm up for a colonoscopy. It's never pleasant. This time I'm checking the box that says, "Don't tell the driver", as the person taking you may not be a family member. I'm picking it this time because I don't need for my wife to advertise the condition of my colon all over FB, like last time.  >:(

Oh no!

billy rubin

is this an essential rite of passage?

im not sure i want to participate

set the function, not the mechanism.

Mr. B

Quote from: billy rubin on February 25, 2022, 03:25:12 AM
is this an essential rite of passage?

im not sure i want to participate

You are lucky I guess. In a perfect world it would be mandatory.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

billy rubin

you wait til they stick the grinder up your urethra.

Icarus

CPAC gathering in Orlando about 40 miles away from me. Marjorie Taylor Greens, D.J. Trump and his
dumbfuck acolytes stating that Putin is a shrewd dude,

billy rubin

i am sitting on the side of tbe road in pennsylvania with a full load of RV axles on tbe trailer. i have just lost another set of wheels off the trailer in the dark, them having rolled off to who knows where.

i am getting tired of wheels breaking off my rig. i think this is the fifth time this has happened, the third at highway speeds.

maybe i should go be a paleontologist again.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: billy rubin on March 03, 2022, 11:25:24 AM
i am sitting on the side of tbe road in pennsylvania with a full load of RV axles on tbe trailer. i have just lost another set of wheels off the trailer in the dark, them having rolled off to who knows where.

i am getting tired of wheels breaking off my rig. i think this is the fifth time this has happened, the third at highway speeds.

That's ridiculous, why hasn't your rig been impounded and you yourself been incarcerated long before this?
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Tank

You must have left it for a reason?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

i leveraged a masters degree in theoretical ecology into another masters in paleontology then leveraged that into a job as a petroleum geologist.

no work to speak of as a micropalentologist and i was laid off in 1986 when the price of oil fell to US$8.15 per barrel. since then ive been a technical writer, publications manager, freelance technical editor, commercial beekeeper, cowboy, sales clerk, fraccing tecnician, and now a truck driver.

lots of water under that bridge

billy rubin

Quote from: Bad Penny II on March 03, 2022, 12:09:25 PM

That's ridiculous, why hasn't your rig been impounded and you yourself been incarcerated long before this?

thats a good question. i appear to be a public menace.

Ecurb Noselrub

Fasting today, getting scoped tomorrow, acting like a glutton tomorrow night.

Anne D.

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on March 03, 2022, 05:53:37 PM
Fasting today, getting scoped tomorrow, acting like a glutton tomorrow night.

Hope the scope goes well, and happy gluttoning tomorrow night.

Mr. B

China bombs.

Your employer is trying to "save" money by buying the cheapest shit available.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

Tank

Laptop has had a meltdown,   >:( >:( >:(
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on March 04, 2022, 09:04:43 AM
Laptop has had a meltdown,   >:( >:( >:(

Oy. Do you perform regular backups? I am so paranoid about losing data, that I do incremental backups onto two different external drives.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames