Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 25, 2020, 03:37:36 PM
Quote from: hermes2015 on April 25, 2020, 03:25:31 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 24, 2020, 12:09:35 AM
Feeling really drained. :( It feels like there there's so much going on...I'm overwhelmed.

I can't even write long replies to posts I've been meaning to reply to.

I have found three canvases at different stages I started a long time ago, so now I've been working on them. Oddly, I have the sudden urge to use bright colours like pink and acid green, in contrast to my usual sombre, earthy palette. Could it be a psychological effect of isolation? Anyway, it keeps my mind off things, because painting is good therapy.

They say boredom is great to get those creative juices flowing. Maybe your brain is starved for something new after weeks of being in the same environment. But I don't know, what do you think?  ;D

I don't know, but since I am by nature reclusive, I suspect I would have felt the urge to use brighter colours anyway, regardless of present circumstances, after several years of muted earth colours. I think it is probably just a natural progression. I usually don't do figurative work, but I did a quite realistic nude study (half finished) of an ex boyfriend last year. Two days ago I painted some bright red and pink flat areas over the figure, turning a realistic portrait into an abstraction. I felt good about it, so probably shouldn't write about it in the Grumpy thread.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

No one

billy rubin

boredom isnt my problem. in my abundant spare time i have to finish a 40-foot culvert, burn about 100 dead-out beehives, blade and gravel the road and turnaround, finish my taxes, do the front brakez on the little pickup, do a starter on the big pickup, fix the tailights on the middle pickup, work on electrics on four motorcyclez, an engine on two, gearbox on another, regear, rejet, andlower the girls racing motorcycle, lose twenty pounds, and work on keeping my marriage.

last one first

set the function, not the mechanism.

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

No one

Because you know exactly where it's at?

hermes2015

― Charles Eames

billy rubin

stinking daylight savings time. i hate it. as soon as it starts i lose an hour of daylight that i dont get back. i suppose its all right for people who want more light in the afternoon, but for people who have to go to zleep while its still.light out, daylight savings time just keeps us in the dark for an extra hour before sunrise.

in california i lived right in the middle of the time zone, so  i could tell time by the shadowz on the ground to within about 15 minutes. cant do that here in the east, especially with daylight zavingz.

set the function, not the mechanism.

Asmodean

There was an post I meant to respond to, then I went to the store, then I forgot and now I bloody-well lost it. Oh, the annoyance!
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

Reports, reports, reports, reports!  :sulk:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Buddy

When the first of the month falls on a Friday

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Magdalena

Quote from: Buddy on May 01, 2020, 04:30:05 PM

:lol:
Is that water he's drinking?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Davin

Quote from: Magdalena on May 01, 2020, 07:09:30 PM

It looks like he doesn't care what he's drinking.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on May 01, 2020, 07:46:21 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on May 01, 2020, 07:09:30 PM

It looks like he doesn't care what he's drinking.
:grin:
Or smoking.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Cracked skin from all the hand washing  >:(
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.