News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbojak

Quote from: hermes2015 on August 08, 2019, 05:36:51 AM
Well, my partner is in Canada and my ex and my daughter and grandson left last night for a 3 week holiday in Lebanon. So now, apart from a few close friends, I am left to my own devices for the rest of August. You guys will have to keep me in check.

I'll be expecting more street photography in the interim. Seek inspiration from Vivian Maier and show us all Johannesburg.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Buddy

The fucker waited two hours until my dad and I were out getting food for mom to kick the bucket. Now she's all alone with his new family. Asshole even in death.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

hermes2015

Quote from: jumbojak on August 10, 2019, 01:09:56 AM
Quote from: hermes2015 on August 08, 2019, 05:36:51 AM
Well, my partner is in Canada and my ex and my daughter and grandson left last night for a 3 week holiday in Lebanon. So now, apart from a few close friends, I am left to my own devices for the rest of August. You guys will have to keep me in check.

I'll be expecting more street photography in the interim. Seek inspiration from Vivian Maier and show us all Johannesburg.

Good suggestion, but I was hoping to get to do some naughtier things.

I have been busy with a very tedious task: correcting a few hundred scans of old family photos and 35mm slides; things like removing dust spots and correcting faded colours and contrast. That should keep me out of mischief for a while.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

Quote from: Buddy on August 10, 2019, 02:24:01 AM
The fucker waited two hours until my dad and I were out getting food for mom to kick the bucket. Now she's all alone with his new family. Asshole even in death.
:therethere:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: hermes2015 on August 10, 2019, 04:52:36 AM
What did you have in mind? 
:eyebrow:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

hermes2015

Quote from: Magdalena on August 10, 2019, 04:55:53 AM

At my age it is literally just in the mind. When I was younger, though, I was pretty wild. But you are too young and innocent to hear the details.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

Quote from: hermes2015 on August 10, 2019, 05:30:53 AM

At my age it is literally just in the mind. When I was younger, though, I was pretty wild. But you are too young and innocent to hear the details.
No I'm not.  :popcorn:

OK.

:sad sigh:

Maybe I am.

hermes2015

Quote from: Magdalena on August 10, 2019, 07:44:18 AM
Quote from: hermes2015 on August 10, 2019, 05:30:53 AM

No I'm not.  :popcorn:

OK.

Maybe I am.

You know the popular perception that gay males are terribly promiscuous? Well, let's just say I didn't disprove the stereotype. But only after my divorce - I was never unfaithful, which, given my reputation, many people find hard to believe. By some miracle I am negative.
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on August 10, 2019, 01:07:50 AM
Quote from: Buddy on August 10, 2019, 12:11:54 AM
Just took him off life support and let him pass. Everyone is sharing stories about him but I don't have anything to add. He was basically a stranger. I'm hurting for my mom.

Just listen. Everyone who knew him will have a lot to process and a sympathetic ear goes a long, long way.

Well said.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

Quote from: hermes2015 on August 10, 2019, 08:42:57 AM
You know the popular perception that gay males are terribly promiscuous? Well, let's just say I didn't disprove the stereotype. But only after my divorce - I was never unfaithful, which, given my reputation, many people find hard to believe. By some miracle I am negative.
You're negative? Good, and we want to keep it that way, don't we? :smilenod:
I believe people can be faithful. Well, I'm just speaking for myself, we can only hope our significant other is faithful as well.
You've been left alone, you have all this freedom now, you remind me of someone who said that some married men or women are like domesticated wolves, eventually, the wild side wants to get out of the cage and run. I guess it just depends on what you're willing to sacrifice for a wild night.
Here is a song for your semi restless mind...

hermes2015

Quote from: Magdalena on August 10, 2019, 06:34:09 PM
I believe people can be faithful. Well, I'm just speaking for myself, we can only hope our significant other is faithful as well.
You've been left alone, you have all this freedom now, you remind me of someone who said that some married men or women are like domesticated wolves, eventually, the wild side wants to get out of the cage and run. I guess it just depends on what you're willing to sacrifice for a wild night.

Thank you very much for that. At this stage of my life I am quite happy to spend time with my little Lulu and work on my projects. My philosophy in the wild days was to do as much as I could, because I never wanted regrets later in life over things I wasn't brave enough to do when I was young. Now I have so many memories and I certainly don't feel that I missed out at all.
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

Quote from: hermes2015 on August 10, 2019, 07:06:36 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on August 10, 2019, 06:34:09 PM

Thank you very much for that. At this stage of my life I am quite happy to spend time with my little Lulu and work on my projects. My philosophy in the wild days was to do as much as I could, because I never wanted regrets later in life over things I wasn't brave enough to do when I was young. Now I have so many memories and I certainly don't feel that I missed out at all.
:hug:

Bad Penny II

Green sat on my new tablet and broke it.
I did not, it was in the car on the drivers seat when it was sat on.
I'm never allowed control of us when we sit in the drivers seat.

You're banned.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

jumbojak

Send it to me and I'll fix it for you.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Dark Lightning

Don't do it! He just wants to see your upside-down pron!