News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: jumbojak on July 07, 2019, 01:20:46 AM
I seem to have screwed up royally again. I think I just need to keep quiet.
Oh, jj,
Maybe it wasn't even that bad and you're just being too hard on yourself.
:therethere:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Buddy

Currently waiting in the ER to see if I need my appendix out now or if it can wait till morning. Also tripping balls on dilaudid so typing this is really hard. I can see how people get hooked to this stuff but it made my face feel like it was falling off
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Buddy on July 09, 2019, 06:35:48 AM
Currently waiting in the ER to see if I need my appendix out now or if it can wait till morning. Also tripping balls on dilaudid so typing this is really hard. I can see how people get hooked to this stuff but it made my face feel like it was falling off

Keep us posted!!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on July 09, 2019, 08:39:43 AM

Keep us posted!!

Will do. Surgery is 7:45am EST. It sucks because they can give me some pain meds but not enough to help me sleep in case I get worse so I've been up since 6am on Monday.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Buddy on July 09, 2019, 09:15:18 AM
Quote from: Tank on July 09, 2019, 08:39:43 AM

Keep us posted!!

Will do. Surgery is 7:45am EST. It sucks because they can give me some pain meds but not enough to help me sleep in case I get worse so I've been up since 6am on Monday.

I didn't know you'd departed FaceBook. So I had  major panic and contacted your mum!  >:(  ;D
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

jumbojak

I hope that all goes well for you and that you can get some rest soon.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Dark Lightning

I hope that your appendix gets handled before it causes real trouble. Mine leaked in '74 and I still suffer from the effects of that and the three required surgeries.

Buddy

Thanks guys. I'm alive and appendix free. Feel a bit sore but nowhere near the level of pain that I was in this morning.

Tank

Quote from: Buddy on July 09, 2019, 05:10:12 PM
Thanks guys. I'm alive and appendix free. Feel a bit sore but nowhere near the level of pain that I was in this morning.

Shouldn't this be in the 'Reasons to be cheerful' thread?

Davin

Good news. I hope you recover quickly.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on July 09, 2019, 05:59:57 PM

Not quite because I'm still not home yet. Hopefully end of tomorrow

Tank

Quote from: Buddy on July 09, 2019, 06:17:09 PM
Quote from: Tank on July 09, 2019, 05:59:57 PM

Not quite because I'm still not home yet. Hopefully end of tomorrow

Excellent!

hermes2015

Good news. Now take it easy and get well soon.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

Good to hear you're feeling better, Buddy.
:hug2:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dark Lightning