Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on May 02, 2019, 11:21:49 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 02, 2019, 11:16:31 PM
Today was a disaster, nothing but bad luck (?) and setbacks. :(

At least you have your health. At least, I hope you do...

Yes.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

It's going to be a bad day. I can tell already.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Bad Penny II

Quote from: jumbojak on May 03, 2019, 01:21:51 PM

You need to get your new toaster set up.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

jumbojak

I decided to keep it by the couch in case I want a crispy snack in the middle of the night.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on May 03, 2019, 01:21:51 PM

Jump off the wrong side of the bed?

jumbojak

No, I found out last night that I was working with some people who give me heartburn. Soured the day. And they'll be back again tomorrow. *sigh*

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on May 04, 2019, 01:12:30 AM
No, I found out last night that I was working with some people who give me heartburn. Soured the day. And they'll be back again tomorrow. *sigh*

Throw red hot toasts at them if they give you grief. ;)

Bad Penny II

All Firefox addons aren't working, I have to look at adds!

It's a worldwide catastrophe apparently.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Bad Penny II on May 04, 2019, 10:13:21 AM
All Firefox addons aren't working, I have to look at adds!

It's a worldwide catastrophe apparently.

I noticed that as well!  :Gaah: All sorts of advertisements started popping up and when I check my AdBlocker Pro had been disabled. If Firefox doesn't add a good free adblocker extension to their browser soon I'm ditching Firefix.  :sulk:

***COMMERCIAL BREAK***
AdBlock is the world's first free and open source adblocker, and blocks ads that interrupt your browsing experience. Say goodbye to video ads, pop-ups, flashing banners and more. Blocking these annoyances means pages load faster. With Adblock Plus avoiding tracking and malware is easy. Blocking intrusive ads reduces the risk of "malvertising" infections. Blocking tracking stops companies following your online activity.

***END COMMERCIAL BREAK***
OMG. You've become an ad.

Shut up, Purple.

Dark Lightning

I use FF for all browsing except for one site that it chokes on. There, I use Chrome. I'd use Chrome for all browsing, but that stupid setup of having "popular sites" pasted all over the home page annoys the hell out of me. Edge does the same thing. As for ads, I have a yahoo account that I use only for selling stuff on Craigslist. Even with adblock it runs all kinds of shit.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dark Lightning on May 04, 2019, 03:11:02 PM
I use FF for all browsing except for one site that it chokes on. There, I use Chrome. I'd use Chrome for all browsing, but that stupid setup of having "popular sites" pasted all over the home page annoys the hell out of me. Edge does the same thing. As for ads, I have a yahoo account that I use only for selling stuff on Craigslist. Even with adblock it runs all kinds of shit.

Edge is even an option? :lol:

Dark Lightning

Tom62

Yesterday one of our cats died. He was a 10 year old Main Coon whom we loved very much. We got him 5 years ago from a lady who bred Main Coons, but had to stop because of her blindness. When we first got him he was a rather grumpy cat, but in just a short time he warmed up completely. It is amazing how much love an older animal can give you. He became our most beloved cat.

Last Saturday, we got a bit worried because Taksy (that was his name) got diarrhea. He also was a bit lethargic. We tried to feed him some food, but he didn't eat anything. The day after he seemed to be in a  much better mood, but since he still didn't eat anything, we took him to the vet. He was a bit hydrated, so he got a subcutaneous fluid treatment. He also had an infection that was treated with some antibiotics. Just to be on the safe side, the vet took some blood, to have it checked later in a lab. I was told to come back on Tuesday for the results.

On my way home Taksy started to cry softly. It got worse when we were home. His crying changed into screaming, like if he was in great pain. My wife and I tried to comfort him. The screaming stopped, but he became weaker and weaker. In the end he no longer reacted; had a couple of spasms; and then died in front of my eyes. We still don't know what caused his death. The vet was also at a complete loss. She assumed that Taksy might have had cancer or another disease. That could have explained his 2kg weight loss in 2-3 months time.

We'll miss him.... :'(
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

hermes2015

Quote from: Tom62 on May 06, 2019, 08:20:30 PM
Yesterday one of our cats died. He was a 10 year old Main Coon whom we loved very much. We got him 5 years ago from a lady who bred Main Coons, but had to stop because of her blindness. When we first got him he was a rather grumpy cat, but in just a short time he warmed up completely. It is amazing how much love an older animal can give you. He became our most beloved cat.

Last Saturday, we got a bit worried because Taksy (that was his name) got diarrhea. He also was a bit lethargic. We tried to feed him some food, but he didn't eat anything. The day after he seemed to be in a  much better mood, but since he still didn't eat anything, we took him to the vet. He was a bit hydrated, so he got a subcutaneous fluid treatment. He also had an infection that was treated with some antibiotics. Just to be on the safe side, the vet took some blood, to have it checked later in a lab. I was told to come back on Tuesday for the results.

On my way home Taksy started to cry softly. It got worse when we were home. His crying changed into screaming, like if he was in great pain. My wife and I tried to comfort him. The screaming stopped, but he became weaker and weaker. In the end he no longer reacted; had a couple of spasms; and then died in front of my eyes. We still don't know what caused his death. The vet was also at a complete loss. She assumed that Taksy might have had cancer or another disease. That could have explained his 2kg weight loss in 2-3 months time.

Oh, I am so sorry for your loss. We love our pets as much as human children. I am glad that he had a happy time with you.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: Tom62 on May 06, 2019, 08:20:30 PM

How awful :(
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.