Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: Bad Penny II on May 02, 2019, 03:12:01 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on May 02, 2019, 12:13:42 AM
I just got me a nice bottle of wine and I have no one to share it with. I can't remember if that's a reason to be grumpy or a reason to be cheerful.
:sad sigh:

Well if someone does come along to keep you company they better bring another bottle to keep your bottle company as well, unless it''s a really big bottle.

Not big enough.

Thank you. I really needed that.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dark Lightning

I knocked off a couple of bottles of beer, sigh, so alone;D Nah, I just like beer. I don't go to bars, because there are people who get one drink in 'em and want to fight, or start crying in their drink.  ::) I quit that stuff decades ago. And I won't buy alcohol when I'm out for a meal, 'coz I'm WAY to cheap to pay the price of a six-pack for one drink.

Buddy

I'm single now. Not so much grumpy as I am tired.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Dark Lightning

Tank

Quote from: Buddy on May 02, 2019, 02:47:52 PM

Bummer :(

But wiser :)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on May 02, 2019, 03:06:35 PM

Yeah. The only thing I am truly upset about at this point is the fact that I let it drag on for as long as I did. That and deluding myself into thinking I was actually romantically attracted to men.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Dark Lightning on May 02, 2019, 05:03:36 AM
I knocked off a couple of bottles of beer, sigh, so alone;D Nah, I just like beer. I don't go to bars, because there are people who get one drink in 'em and want to fight, or start crying in their drink.  ::) I quit that stuff decades ago. And I won't buy alcohol when I'm out for a meal, 'coz I'm WAY to cheap to pay the price of a six-pack for one drink.
My younger daughter (now 32) is odd when she drinks. If she has a couple then a mean/nasty streak comes out. But once she's had 3 or 4 she's a happy drunk! So if she goes out her mates know to get her drunk quick!
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

jumbojak

Quote from: Buddy on May 02, 2019, 03:10:21 PM

Yeah. The only thing I am truly upset about at this point is the fact that I let it drag on for as long as I did. That and deluding myself into thinking I was actually romantically attracted to men.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sometimes you have to try things to prove a point to yourself.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

You live, you learn  :love:

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on May 02, 2019, 06:00:32 PM

On a lighter note, I just put in my vacation days for next year. In October I will be spending a full week in England and a full week in Norway.

Tank

Quote from: Buddy on May 02, 2019, 06:16:04 PM
Quote from: Tank on May 02, 2019, 06:00:32 PM

On a lighter note, I just put in my vacation days for next year. In October I will be spending a full week in England and a full week in Norway.

Excellent!

xSilverPhinx

Today was a disaster, nothing but bad luck (?) and setbacks. :(
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 02, 2019, 11:16:31 PM
Today was a disaster, nothing but bad luck (?) and setbacks. :(

At least you have your health. At least, I hope you do...

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz