News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: jumbojak on May 02, 2019, 01:40:46 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on May 02, 2019, 12:13:42 AM
I just got me a nice bottle of wine and I have no one to share it with. I can't remember if that's a reason to be grumpy or a reason to be cheerful.
:sad sigh:

Depends on how you are drinking alone. Some do so very well but others are taken to a dark, dangerous place. I don't drink at all anymore.
If it's a "great" bottle of wine, I rather not share it.
  :secrets1: That's an ugly greedy side of me. I want to enjoy ALL of it.
If it's an "OK" bottle, I'll share it.  :snicker:
Right now, I have a great bottle and would like to share it but there's no one to share it with.  :(
I don't go to a dark dangerous place when I drink with someone or alone. I know some people do. --very sad.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

jumbojak

I don't think it's sad at all. Different people have different limitations, and that's okay. Once we know what we can and can't do, or should and shouldn't do, we can figure a lot of stuff out.

See, I don't drink but I'm not a teetotaler. I don't begrudge or look down on anybody because of their recreational choices, just so long as it's recreation and not a crutch. I could sit down with you and share that bottle of wine while drinking water.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Magdalena

Quote from: jumbojak on May 02, 2019, 02:00:40 AM
I don't think it's sad at all. Different people have different limitations, and that's okay. Once we know what we can and can't do, or should and shouldn't do, we can figure a lot of stuff out.

See, I don't drink but I'm not a teetotaler. I don't begrudge or look down on anybody because of their recreational choices, just so long as it's recreation and not a crutch. I could sit down with you and share that bottle of wine while drinking water.
Awwwwww.... :tellmemore:

I could sit down with you while just drinking water as well.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

:oooh-me!: I would also sit with you, but drink soda or something. That way you can have people with you but not share the great bottle of wine! :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 02, 2019, 02:07:55 AM
:oooh-me!: I would also sit with you, but drink soda or something. That way you can have people with you but not share the great bottle of wine! :grin:
:snicker:
You are soooooo sweet!  :hug2:  :love:

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on May 02, 2019, 02:12:24 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 02, 2019, 02:07:55 AM
:snicker:
You are soooooo sweet!  :hug2:  :love:

:grin:

jumbojak

I think I'm going to have to change my beverage of choice to unsweetened tea. Water is far too bland for a party.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Magdalena

Quote from: jumbojak on May 02, 2019, 02:29:08 AM
I think I'm going to have to change my beverage of choice to unsweetened tea. Water is far too bland for a party.
"unsweetened"  :sadshake:

jumbojak

Why does everyone say that about unsweetened tea? Sweet tea just tastes like sugar water.

Magdalena

Quote from: jumbojak on May 02, 2019, 02:32:45 AM
Why does everyone say that about unsweetened tea? Sweet tea just tastes like sugar water.
Tea with no sugar tastes like bitter water.

xSilverPhinx

jumbojak

It's crisp and refreshing. The light caffeine provides a mellow bump.

Magdalena

Quote from: jumbojak on May 02, 2019, 02:45:33 AM
It's crisp and refreshing. The light caffeine provides a mellow bump.
True, but a little bit of sugar, no too much, makes it better.

Magdalena

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Magdalena on May 02, 2019, 12:13:42 AM
I just got me a nice bottle of wine and I have no one to share it with. I can't remember if that's a reason to be grumpy or a reason to be cheerful.
:sad sigh:

Well if someone does come along to keep you company they better bring another bottle to keep your bottle company as well, unless it''s a really big bottle.

Not big enough.

Take my advice, don't listen to me.