News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Buddy on April 23, 2019, 04:08:15 PM
ATMs are going to be the death of me.

I don't trust clunky machines. Only the bank app on my phone.  :P
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Buddy

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 23, 2019, 08:56:32 PM

The problem is that they are becoming advanced, which makes them a total pain to service. Our ATM dispenses 20, 10. and, 1 dollar bills as well as taking cash and check deposits. Filling and balancing it is difficult to say the least.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Buddy on April 23, 2019, 09:24:12 PM

The problem is that they are becoming advanced, which makes them a total pain to service. Our ATM dispenses 20, 10. and, 1 dollar bills as well as taking cash and check deposits. Filling and balancing it is difficult to say the least.

Sure sounds like a pain!

ATMs can be a liability. Banks around here are removing them from agencies because of things like this:

A fake ATM that will record all your card details so that vermin can clone it. These degenerates are creative though, gotta give them that.  ::)

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Buddy on April 23, 2019, 09:24:12 PM

Please, be a doll and stack some hundreds in the ones slot.  ;D

jumbojak

Quote from: Dark Lightning on April 23, 2019, 03:35:47 PM
Every time I go to the doctor I get gigged for elevated blood pressure. Yesterday I went for a follow up BP check. The nurse checked it twice with the machine, and it was still elevated. So she took it the old-fashioned way with a stethoscope and sphygmomanometer. 114/66. She said that my pulse is light (?) and that the machines have trouble detecting it and will squeeze extra tightly to get the pulse. That makes both numbers read high! The same thing happened when I went to the doctor week before last. He also ended up checking it manually and my blood pressure was fine. Anytime I get a high reading, I'm going to have them do it manually before they give me yet another referral.

That's really good news. You can stay off meds they might try to foist upon you.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

jumbojak

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 23, 2019, 08:54:53 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on April 23, 2019, 12:01:20 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on April 22, 2019, 08:48:58 PM
Quote from: Tank on April 22, 2019, 07:13:24 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on April 22, 2019, 06:54:27 PM
Quote from: Tank on April 22, 2019, 06:33:05 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on April 22, 2019, 04:19:40 PM
I'm now scheduled with a cardiologist on the 1st. They said as soon as possible but that's the first appointment available.  ::)

How do you feel now?

Old, tired, crippled. Normal for me.

And looking forward to a cage fight!
:snicker:

I suppose it is comical. And probably outside the realm of possibility now. I thought the fatigue was from a rough weekend but I'm way more drained than I should be. I feel like I just went three rounds and I've been sitting for the last hour after a nap in the car. Couldn't make it to class but I did go in and talk with them.

Anemia? :notsure:

I don't know. I've had plenty to eat and they didn't draw that much blood. I had a nap after getting home and made a few cuts with a hacksaw that have me feeling worn out again.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

Our service department was broken into a week ago. They came through the wall. One of the main items taken was the acetylene gas. Thieves pump it into ATMs and ignite it. If the gas/air mix is correct it blows the ATM open.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

jumbojak

Quote from: Tank on April 24, 2019, 05:55:46 AM
Our service department was broken into a week ago. They came through the wall. One of the main items taken was the acetylene gas. Thieves pump it into ATMs and ignite it. If the gas/air mix is correct it blows the ATM open.

That is insanely dangerous. But, you can't feel but so bad for someone trying to rob a bank. I suppose acetylene isn't an off the shelf item in the UK? You can buy small cans here very easily.

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on April 24, 2019, 12:58:48 PM

That is insanely dangerous. But, you can't feel but so bad for someone trying to rob a bank. I suppose acetylene isn't an off the shelf item in the UK? You can buy small cans here very easily.

I have never had the need to obtain it in the UK so I don't know what size containers it comes in.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: jumbojak on April 24, 2019, 01:36:23 AM
Quote from: Dark Lightning on April 23, 2019, 03:35:47 PM
Every time I go to the doctor I get gigged for elevated blood pressure. Yesterday I went for a follow up BP check. The nurse checked it twice with the machine, and it was still elevated. So she took it the old-fashioned way with a stethoscope and sphygmomanometer. 114/66. She said that my pulse is light (?) and that the machines have trouble detecting it and will squeeze extra tightly to get the pulse. That makes both numbers read high! The same thing happened when I went to the doctor week before last. He also ended up checking it manually and my blood pressure was fine. Anytime I get a high reading, I'm going to have them do it manually before they give me yet another referral.

That's really good news. You can stay off meds they might try to foist upon you.

I already take one pill for it. I may look at discontinuing it if my blood pressure can be checked reliably.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Tank on April 24, 2019, 02:25:55 PM

I have never had the need to obtain it in the UK so I don't know what size containers it comes in.

Acetylene comes in a number of tank sizes. I have an oxyacetylene rig of my own. I don't know why the robbers don't use propane. It's far easier to get and would give as big a bang. Acetylene is far more dangerous to mess with. If they get the pressure too high it can self-combust. Not that I would have any sympathy for them if they ate some metal when the ATM blows up.

xSilverPhinx

Feeling a little bored and not very motivated to get things done.  :-\

I...just...want...to...rest... :yawn:

jumbojak

Quote from: Dark Lightning on April 24, 2019, 02:33:41 PM
Quote from: Tank on April 24, 2019, 02:25:55 PM

Acetylene comes in a number of tank sizes. I have an oxyacetylene rig of my own. I don't know why the robbers don't use propane. It's far easier to get and would give as big a bang. Acetylene is far more dangerous to mess with. If they get the pressure too high it can self-combust. Not that I would have any sympathy for them if they ate some metal when the ATM blows up.

Propane would work but it has a much narrower range of air fuel mixtures where it's combustible. Acetylene goes poof and boom very easily. I remember seeing a photo of a car some idiot was using to carry a baloney filled with acetylene for a science experiment. There wasn't any glass left after a static spark between the baloney and the headliner set off the gas. I wonder what happened to the driver.

jumbojak

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 27, 2019, 10:24:50 PM

You probably should then. It'll be good for you.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on April 28, 2019, 02:26:02 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 27, 2019, 10:24:50 PM

You probably should then. It'll be good for you.

Yeah, today was rather wasted but that's ok.