News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom62

Thank you, guys.
I'm just glad that she didn't suffer much.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tank

Quote from: Tom62 on September 02, 2018, 09:01:35 PM
Thank you, guys.
I'm just glad that she didn't suffer much.
That is the saving grace of a quick death. My mum had an anurism in her sleep. She probably felt nothing. My dad took five years to die of cancer. I know which way I would rather go.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

jumbojak

Ticks! I'm covered in the little bastards.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on September 05, 2018, 01:08:20 AM
Ticks! I'm covered in the little bastards.

:o

I hate ticks with a passion! >:(

Is there the possibility of getting something like Lyme's Disease there where you are?
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

Yes, but I try not to think about that. No bites today. They were busy crawling through my due coat to get to the juicy bits...

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on September 05, 2018, 01:49:46 AM
Yes, but I try not to think about that. No bites today. They were busy crawling through my due coat to get to the juicy bits...

Nasty! :eeew:

jumbojak

I can't help that I'm a hairy dude.  :-[

I also can't seem to stop the autocorrect on my tablet from changing things like "fur" to "due" which I find highly annoying.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on September 05, 2018, 02:10:07 AM
I can't help that I'm a hairy dude.  :-[

Oh, just to clear that up, I don't think hairy dudes are nasty, blood-sucking ticks are!  :haironfire:

QuoteI also can't seem to stop the autocorrect on my tablet from changing things like "fur" to "due" which I find highly annoying.

:lol: I was wondering what a "due coat" was!

jumbojak

I bet I can convince people that a due coat is old fashioned Southern slang. For all i know it might be, and I'll just be bringing it back.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on September 05, 2018, 02:36:06 AM
I bet I can convince people that a due coat is old fashioned Southern slang. For all i know it might be, and I'll just be bringing it back.

I'd bet you can! :lol:

Dave

Gtumpy at myself!

Might need a new blender. Making soup (chicken stock, sweet corn, red pepper, spring onions, chestnut mushrooms, black pepper, a little olive oil - using up stuff in fridge that needs using up.)

As zapping 2/3rds of chopped up and part cooked ingredients I noticed that there was a growing puddle on the counter and a fizzing noise from the blender base.

I had forgotten to put the seal in on the base of the goblet!

Good news bit: the puddle was only liquid, its loss thickened up the soup - less in the bowl but it was delicious.

That model no longer available. Similar one half as expensive again.

Messy job ahead . . .
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

No one

Get yourself a Vitamix. They are expensive, but worth every penny.

Dave

Quote from: No one on September 06, 2018, 06:53:02 PM
Get yourself a Vitamix. They are expensive, but worth every penny.

Huh! Starting at about £400 up to £750! Yes, they are expensive!

I don't use it enough to justify that kind of expense.  One tenth of that is more in my line.

Buddy

You could get an immersion blender. Those are good if you don't need a blender often and they usually aren't very expensive. I bought mine for 10 dollars (roughly 8 pounds)
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Dave

Quote from: Buddy on September 06, 2018, 07:40:24 PM
You could get an immersion blender. Those are good if you don't need a blender often and they usually aren't very expensive. I bought mine for 10 dollars (roughly 8 pounds)

Had one once but never really got in with it - might try it again if this one turns out kaput.