Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on July 31, 2018, 05:59:56 PM
Quote from: Buddy on July 31, 2018, 05:49:57 PM
I think that my workplace is some kind of arctic wasteland. It is so cold here and the coffee machine broke so I don't even have coffee to keep me warm.

Turn the air conditioning down!

I work in an office with menopausal women. I would probably get shanked if I touched the AC.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Dave

Quote from: Buddy on July 31, 2018, 06:23:56 PM
I think that my workplace is some kind of arctic wasteland. It is so cold here and the coffee machine broke so I don't even have coffee to keep me warm.

I work in an office with menopausal women. I would probably get shanked if I touched the AC.

Oh, dear, hot flushes rule then?

Shanked? Not a term I have heard in that context - but, along with another word the starts "sha" and ends "ed" (and was the title of a spoof 1999 film) one can image its euphemistic implications.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tank

Quote from: Buddy on July 31, 2018, 06:23:56 PM

:rofl:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Icarus

Dave that term, shanked, is a word that is used mostly by the inmates in prison.  It is a description of  being stabbed with a makeshift knife that some enterprising prisoner has fashioned from a comb, toothbrush handle or other solid object that might be found in a prison cell..  Buddy's office mates might use a mascara brush or other makeshift device................I would expect that those menopausal ladies all have fingernail files and other possible weapons.

There are possible remedies like going Bra less or leaving ones panties at home.  Forgive me Buddy I am being a  crude comedian. 

You do know that we care about you.......... don't you?

Dave

[vimeo][/vimeo]
Quote from: Icarus on July 31, 2018, 11:25:34 PM
Dave that term, shanked, is a word that is used mostly by the inmates in prison.  It is a description of  being stabbed with a makeshift knife that some enterprising prisoner has fashioned from a comb, toothbrush handle or other solid object that might be found in a prison cell..  Buddy's office mates might use a mascara brush or other makeshift device................I would expect that those menopausal ladies all have fingernail files and other possible weapons.

There are possible remedies like going Bra less or leaving ones panties at home.  Forgive me Buddy I am being a  crude comedian. 

You do know that we care about you.......... don't you?

Ah, yes, that use now rings a tiny tinkle in what remains of my memory. I was thinking more of it being a synomym of "shafted", shank is define as "the shaft or handle of a tool etc" and we know what "shafted" is a euphemism for. Though that hardly applies regarding a bunch of women!

And yes, we do care . . . Just that the use and abuse of language and the linkage between words is so fascinating!

Ecurb Noselrub

Grumpy today because of one incompetent co-worker who is protected by the boss.  Totally useless.

Essie Mae

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on August 01, 2018, 10:35:27 PM
Grumpy today because of one incompetent co-worker who is protected by the boss.  Totally useless.

Grrrrr. Powerlessness
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Tank

Office politics.  >:(
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Favouritism.  >:(
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

I'm grumpy because I have to wake up at 6 a.m. tomorrow (Monday). I know a lot of people make waking up in such ungodly hours a habit, but I'm not one of those people.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

I wake up at 5:30 every day but it's not because I have to. That's when the nightmares decide I don't need any more sleep.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Dave

Right, I am dumping Imgur!

After 25 email exchanges, most of them repeating instructions to do things that I have already done, with no gain, or offering menu selections I do not see, I have decided that my correspondent, Martyn, is either a robot or as thick as a plank is long. I even sent screen shots of the options in the menus, but he still tells me to select an option not on that, or any other, menu I can access.

The new version of the Photobucket Android app seems to work and is in some was better than Imgur, but you have to watch how much free space you are using. Selecting and removing several images at a time only works on a PC, not on a tablet it seems.

Later: in fsirness to Martyn, if he is human, I am probably just one of the grumpy people he has to handle all day and can't read all the screeds every time. Which is why I sort of do a summary in my replies, "Tried that before, don't work."

jumbojak

Have you tried postimages.org? I use Facebook for persistent images I want to share but for a quick upload postim age works well. Puddin' turned me on to it.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Dave

Quote from: jumbojak on August 08, 2018, 10:25:56 PM
Have you tried postimages.org? I use Facebook for persistent images I want to share but for a quick upload postim age works well. Puddin' turned me on to it.

I will take a look at that, JJ, thanks.

Dave

Martyn @ Imgur must be a robot.

First email of the day he reiterated something he has suggested three times before. I have told him four times, including the screen shot, that I have done that with the same result - a link that does not work.