News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Someone has described me as having "compulsive disorder disorder".

Just 'cos I never put anythjng away until the piles get to be a hazard to health . . .

Or I desperately need the thing at the bottom.

Naw, then I just rearrange that pile of top of another

----------------

Bug seems to have gone, temp back down to my normal 36.5 degrees and feeling comfy.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Dave

It came back again!

Yesterday morning I felt great, temperature normal, off to Tesco with no more than my normal feeling if despair (wanted eight items, three if them out of stock), topped up car fluids as required, had a bit of a tidy-up (well, put two items back in drawers) . . .

By 9pm I was a steaming, aching, coughing wreck, by 10pm barely able to clean my teeth.  Couple of restless hours sweating in bed and I felt cooler. Next thing I know it's 5.30am. No aches, forehead cool, no sweats . . .

This is the third time round.

Arturo

I need a bed. I am too large to lay flat on my couch and almost too long to fit between arm rests. I'm 5' 9" but I've been working out so well that I just cannot fit on the couch without moving on my side and waking up with a pain in my back.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Arturo

The self-check out register at the store would not take my bridge card. And I put in the proper pin number and I probably went about it 4 or 7 times. Finally after that, I pulled out my debit card which I should not be using for food. Because they look at my finances every year to see how much I spent. And I had plenty of money on my bridge card which makes me even more upset. And the final straw is the possibility that I might be flat broke after I paid for this. And not only flat broke, but in the red at the bank with over draft fees accumulating every single day. And I don't get money until the 1st of every month. I might have to borrow some money but that shouldn't have to happen.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Tank

Quote from: Dave on June 09, 2018, 06:17:53 AM
It came back again!

Yesterday morning I felt great, temperature normal, off to Tesco with no more than my normal feeling if despair (wanted eight items, three if them out of stock), topped up car fluids as required, had a bit of a tidy-up (well, put two items back in drawers) . . .

By 9pm I was a steaming, aching, coughing wreck, by 10pm barely able to clean my teeth.  Couple of restless hours sweating in bed and I felt cooler. Next thing I know it's 5.30am. No aches, forehead cool, no sweats . . .

Oh dear!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Quote from: Tank on June 09, 2018, 09:33:35 PM
Quote from: Dave on June 09, 2018, 06:17:53 AM
It came back again!

Oh dear!

A little bit of research found the following:

QuoteTuberculosis or lower respiratory tract infections are associated with evening rise in temperature. The other set of symptoms include persistent cough for more than three weeks and excessive weight loss.
http://www.tandurust.com/general-health/evening-fever-treatment.html

Don't think it is the first, no colour at all in the sputum. Hope the last does not apply, trying to lose a few kilos but . . . I do record my weight every day.

But, three weeks of this?!

This evening it was 37 at 5.30, 37.4 at 6.30, 37.7 at 7.40  and 37.7 now at 9.40. Not quite as uncomfortable and cough not so constant as this time last night, so there is hope.

Arturo

Well it seems neither grocery stores are accepting my food stamps now. And that is what the screen is telling me. "Card not accepted"
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Quote from: Arturo on June 10, 2018, 04:11:30 AM
Well it seems neither grocery stores are accepting my food stamps now. And that is what the screen is telling me. "Card not accepted"

We don'-t have a system like that over here, jusr cash benefits that the recipients are supposed to manage for themselves.

Are you "overdrawn" on the cards? Do they give you enough for the protein and calorie intake your gymwork needs?

Dave

This subject of body temperature and time of day gets fascinating and explains a lot of how my nught goes:

QuoteWhy a Fever Is Higher at Night: Your Heat Cycle
Your temperature usually follows a built-in 24-hour cycle. Its lowest point is between 3 and 6 a.m., followed by a peak between 4 and 11 p.m.

Two major factors regulate this cycle:

Your hypothalamus has its own 24-hour hormone-secretion pattern. We don't know the reason for this so-called circadian rhythm, but to some extent the day/night light cycle helps regulate it.
The things the body does during the day (heartbeat, muscle movements, breathing) involve a release of heat energy, causing your core body temperature to warm up as the day progresses.
This explains why your temperature increases toward the end of the day under normal conditions. However, this cycle still happens when you have a fever. The difference is that now, the temperature elevation is more obvious since you're already starting from a higher temperature than normal.

There are exceptions to this cycle. Outside factors that can dampen the evening temperature-elevation include older age; certain medical conditions, such as diabetes; and the use of some common drugs, such as acetaminophen (Tylenol) or aspirin—all of which affect the functioning of the hypothalamus.
http://thesurvivaldoctor.com/2012/10/10/causes-of-night-fever-why-its-higher-later/

It also helps explain why rest is recommended for fever causing disease, maybe even why I boil alive 10 - 11pm after having had a calorie filled meal and wine earlyish in the evening.

Hmm, calorie intake seems important. I have been told thst I need an energy input to help fight the fever, replace the "lost heat" and rebuild reserves of protein and blood. Always used it as an excuse to grab the candy - perhaps I'll go for "slow calories" from proteins. Hmm, here I go for the cheese and chicken!

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dave

Quote from: Recusant on June 10, 2018, 08:25:15 AM
Please see a doctor, Dave.

Not so easy at the weekend! But thanks for the concern, Recusant. We have the 111 telephone service who "interview" you, pass you on to a nurse practioner or doctor and recommend a path - they would send an ambulance if necessary. But you rarely get a home visit.

The symptoms so far are actually no worse than I have had before with summer coughs - just the pattern is different. If any nasty colour were to show in my sputum it would be a different matter. So far I have felt OK during the day and been able to fo the usual chores.

Will admit my temp is 37.8 at the moment but not feeling the aches and shakes, just warm. BP OK, pulse held down to 60 at rest by my pace maker. Unless there are obvious symtoms of something worse than an ordinary viral infection - like blood or other colours in the sputum - there is not a lot a doctor can do except offer NSAIDs, cough liquids and pain relief. I am not allowed any more NSAIDs than my nightly 75mg of aspirin and am currently maxing on Tylenol and cough liquid. Should yellow or green show in my sputum it might be a sign that bacteria have taken advantage and antibiotics might be called for. Blood would be a hospital job of course.

Pneumonia is my main concern but the symptoms for that are more constant and definite than those I suffer at the moment. But I have my "eye" on things.

All in all it is really only those 2 or 3 hours of real discomfort in the evening that is the problem, and last night was not as bad.

Dave

I have rediscovered that the thing more boring than watching most sports on TV is listening to them on the radio. Cricket and tennis just do not work. Except for fan(atic)s I suppose.

Grump.

Arturo

Quote from: Dave on June 10, 2018, 05:08:39 AM
Quote from: Arturo on June 10, 2018, 04:11:30 AM

We don'-t have a system like that over here, jusr cash benefits that the recipients are supposed to manage for themselves.

Are you "overdrawn" on the cards? Do they give you enough for the protein and calorie intake your gymwork needs?

No and no. I can check how much is on the food stamp card. It has over $28 and they can't be overdrawn. I usually buy protien mix with my debit card since you can't buy vitamins or supplements with food stamps.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

The bunch in The Noisy House across the road, and their visitors, have decided it's bicycle time. Kids and adults all over the road.

One bike has really squealy brakes and another a horn. And they shout at each other the whole time.

Would not deny them their fun, just wish it was somewhere in the middle of a very large field! A long way away.

Oh, forgot, they were teaching the ten yo girl to ride earlier - that meant almost constant screams from her. But that is only a little different to her normal. Like 95% to 75%.

Dave

Misleading adverts:

Wanted a pair of cut proof gloves, saw these below, wirds "Stainless sreel mesh" lije a nagnet. Xheap as well . . .

They arrivedvtiday, ifvthere is any stsinless steel in tgem it is too fine to be seen by a 60x hand mucrosco0e, be detected by a sensitive metal detectir, can't be found by a multimeter. And though there are non-magnetic SS alloys I doubt that one would be used for these.

OK, it never actually says there is SS in the gloves (there may be carbon fibre), it may be that that description is part of the company name . . . Since Amazon are selling them I have made my feelings known via the feedback system - not that I expect a change.

Actually the gloves are a good fit, comfy and less clumsy that some work gloves I have. Not going to test them to Level 5 cuts whilst wearing them though!

The 2star review rating is mine for what I feel is a an attempt at deception.