News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbojak

But... but... more is always better, right? In all seriousness,  I'm starting to worry this cut ain't going to heal without some intervention. If it isn't coming together tomorrow I'll break out the sewing kit.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Arturo

Quote from: jumbojak on April 28, 2018, 02:31:58 AM
But... but... more is always better, right? In all seriousness,  I'm starting to worry this cut ain't going to heal without some intervention. If it isn't coming together tomorrow I'll break out the sewing kit.

Would it be easier to drive one hour to the doctor or wait 24 hours to do the same thing they will yourself but with less blood?
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

jumbojak

There's no blood now. Just won't stay closed. Like I said, it will knit. Eventually...

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Guardian85

Quote from: No one on April 27, 2018, 11:35:22 PM
The clowns to the left and the jokers to the right.
An pretty accurate summary of my political opinions these days.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Dave

Quote from: Guardian85 on April 28, 2018, 04:26:41 PM

By 'eck, that takes me back.

But still so fucking appropriate!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Dave on April 28, 2018, 05:40:31 PM
Quote from: Guardian85 on April 28, 2018, 04:26:41 PM

By 'eck, that takes me back.

But still so fucking appropriate!

Bullshit, you fucks aren't the middle.
We're the fucking true proper middle.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Harmonie

So I have a really busy Saturday of practicing to prepare for finals week, but I had to get laundry done first... Except everyone and their dog decided they needed to wash their laundry at the same time. For the past two years, Saturday mornings have 95% of the time never given me trouble. Like for some reason people just haven't been using that day... Except now. =/

I managed to get lucky enough to find two washers, but I knew getting two driers when the time came would be a struggle. I sat in the laundry room for a good thirty minutes (that I could have been practicing) waiting for people to come and get their laundry from the driers. Finally it happened, and I was relieved, I thought the struggle was over. Only to find out that the washer I put the whites in had soaked them MUCH more than it was supposed to and they were dripping wet. Normally I put in all of my clothes in driers at the same time and they all become dry at the same time, and I'm happy. However, when the laundry is that soaking wet, the drier has to be ran two times to get them even remotely dry enough to take out.

So... This delayed me a lot. Had to come get out my first load, and then tell the drier to redry the other, and I had to come back an hour later for that load. My towels did not completely dry even still.  :exhausted:

So much hassle and time wasted that didn't need to happen. *sigh*

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Bad Penny II

Why can't you practice while you do your laundry?
It is known clothes washed to the accompaniment of an oboe:
*wash 24% more efficiently
*dry at least 42% quicker.

Arturo

I posted this on another forum but I'll try to condense it down here.

I was at my Dad's house and his ex wife, and who used to be my step-mom asked me if I was looking for work. And then she compared me to her nephew who "has the same mental illness as me" and works as a dish washer. Which was news to me because the only thing I heard about him was that he had a seizure once while working outside in the summer. And that it was caused by dehydration. And from what I was told, I've never had a seizure. Panic attacks? Maybe. But definitely never a seizure.

I feel like she is always treating me as if I am a different person and that I do not own the qualities that separate me from everyone else. Or that they just don't exist at all and that I should act like everyone else that thinks they are not special or different than anyone else. As if everyone is the same. A carbon copy of a person that is no different than anyone else.

That is my reason to be grumpy.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

jumbojak

My new camera is here and u don't have a frickin SD card!

Dave

Quote from: jumbojak on May 02, 2018, 12:49:33 PM

What, you expect an SD card included? Tsk, how naïve  :grin:

I know, I know - it's a bugger when you can't plsy with your new toy straight away but they would only have boosted the price by twice the vist of a card yo invludebit. And you probsbly need a fast SD card as well so those xlow poke ones you have eill not work ptoperly . . .

Getting used to no printed manual, no CD with manual or drivers etc on new stuff - have to download most times. On one printer I even had to stick the control and advisory labels on! Expecting a box of bits and a link to online assembly instructions next.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

hermes2015

Quote from: jumbojak on May 02, 2018, 12:49:33 PM

Mazel tov!
:cheers:

I hope you will get familiar with it soon. Don't forget: some of us here use Nikon cameras, so ask if you need any help.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

jumbojak

I cannibalized a card from my kindle. Took me more than a few minutes to get the thing turned on and an embarrassingly long time to fit the lens...

Harmonie

Quote from: Bad Penny II on April 28, 2018, 06:09:47 PM

Well, it was actually piano that was getting the bulk of my practice. And I'm not sure that people in the laundromat would appreciate the oboe. You know kids these days don't even know what an oboe is, they're only into electronic stuff.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Harmonie on May 02, 2018, 04:07:05 PM
Quote from: Bad Penny II on April 28, 2018, 06:09:47 PM

Well, it was actually piano that was getting the bulk of my practice. And I'm not sure that people in the laundromat would appreciate the oboe. You know kids these days don't even know what an oboe is, they're only into electronic stuff.

Kids these days, don't get me started on 'em.
Grind their bones to make my bread I say.
'cept the long bones, there's a use for them.

QuoteKangling (Tibetan: རྐང་གླིང།, Wylie: rkang-gling), literally translated as "leg" (kang) "flute" (ling), is the Tibetan name for a trumpet or horn made out of a human femur, used in Tibetan Buddhism for various chöd rituals as well as funerals performed by a chöpa.[1] The femur of a criminal or a person who died a violent death is preferred.[2] Alternatively, the femur of a respected teacher may be used.

Quote[3] The kangling may also be made out of wood.
But why would you?